Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bart

tonyt

Feb 23, 2009
What did we think?
Tough game to make your debut in.
Will / should Steele be back against Newcastle??

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There was a good chance in the first half for a quick break but he delayed too long on the ball. I’d bring Steele back in

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’d keep Bart in for that game, probably better at taking crosses and through balls against big players challenging him, as his brave take taking out the WHU player showed. Against big physical teams I’d play him. Couldn’t fault his footwork and passing but is he as good as Steele in holding onto the ball when pressed? WHU didn’t bother with that yesterday, so that we still have to find out. Have to go some to be better than Jason at that!

Couldn’t fault him for any of the goals and he got close to a couple of them.

Anyway choice of goalkeeper is the least of RDZ’s problems for next week!!!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Didn’t do anything wrong but yes I’d bring Steele back in. I wouldn’t have brought Bart in yesterday to be honest. As I say, Bart didn’t do anything wrong but we don’t know about the intangible effect it might have had on the defence suddenly changing things.

Some of the players didn’t perform yesterday but I don’t think RDZ had a great day either.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
There was no press from West Ham so no opportunity to show off his key ball skills.

Missed a break but otherwise did well. Couple of commanding catches.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
As per the thread recently started by Bozza, our xGA was 3.4, so he has at least outperformed that. Think he's got a load of potential to be a very good keeper for us and certainly had a bit more presence in the box than Steele.

I was wrong about him stating from game 1, but I'm fairly certain that we haven't paid 20m for him to not be our regular starter and it seems that it was just a case of giving him an extra couple of weeks of training with his new colleagues.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I think RDZ wants two keepers fully interchangeable and familiar with playing first team. This with Europe in mind, not having a second stringer that plays in cup games only.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Crazy decision by RDZ in my opinion. Why upset a defence that had only conceded a couple of goals by changing goalie? Steele had done absolutely nothing wrong and based on yesterday's performance is the better goalie.
JS didn’t look to upset we don’t know if he picked up a knock yesterday in training.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Didn't do anything wrong yesterday, handling was good, dealt with crosses well. One excellent stop when West Ham had a 1-on-1 that should have been their 4th.

But not enough evidence to say whether he should start over Steele.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Crazy decision by RDZ in my opinion. Why upset a defence that had only conceded a couple of goals by changing goalie? Steele had done absolutely nothing wrong and based on yesterday's performance is the better goalie.
Totally this. Being clever for the sake of it. Defenders like consistency and take time to build an understanding with a keeper. Barts time will come but that was a risk and our defense was a shambles. Would Jason have marshalled them better?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm uncomfortable with the idea of the goalkeeper chopping and changing every few games (if thats the plan). I've not seen enough of Bart yet to form an opinion, but I'd prefer RDZ to pick a keeper and stick with him - someone gets the number 1 shirt and the other has to fight for it. Isn't that how these things work ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here