Baroness Thatcher - Dead / RIP

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
That's why soft leftie people like you let them out again to kill.

Go back and read my post and concentrate on the bit where I said they should spend the rest of their lives in prison.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
How do you know, it is different people turning up at demonstrations?..how do you know when or if they are having days off?
Funny how at a moments notice they can take time off, and a few days at that.
Do you know more than me then, or as you said of me, is your assumptions just bullshit.

I met many such people down at the occupy Melbourne protest, most I spoke to were like me protesting around their work schedule. There were some who we what you might call professional protesters and were members of funded organizations and/or pressure groups. It amazed me how few were the 'dog on a string' crusty unemployed types depicted in the newspapers and in the minds of those who love to generalise. Same goes for other protests I have been on. There were a lot of students though.

Do you think there are more unemployed supporters of the SWP than other political parties?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Go back and read my post and concentrate on the bit where I said they should spend the rest of their lives in prison.
It doesn't change the fact that you were whining that their " deaths could've been avoided " , it's attitudes like this that gets people's backs up, be anti capital punishment , fine ,but as for actually giving a toss about these *******s ? I'd bet my bottom dollar you've never shown nearly as much concern about soldiers deaths .

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
It doesn't change the fact that you were whining that their " deaths could've been avoided " , it's attitudes like this that gets people's backs up, be anti capital punishment , fine ,but as for actually giving a toss about these *******s ? I'd bet my bottom dollar you've never shown nearly as much concern about soldiers deaths .

Not really, and don't presume to know what I was thinking. I've got every respect for our soldiers. It was not a whine, it was a valid point about years lost on the peace process by a Gov that would not listen. Fact is if the Blair Gov could do it, why could the Thatch Gov not do it. The IRA Blair dealt with were the same Thatcher choose not to. I wonder how many Brit and Irish lives were lost due to her stubborness?

Don't just gob off back and call me a leftie ****, I honestly believe the point above is totally valid. You sound like an ex-squaddie, so don't just shout military facts at me, because I won't know what you are on about and frankly would not care anyway.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
http://www.politics.co.uk/news/2013/04/11/no-thatcher-effect-tories-hit-record-poll-low-despite-iron-l

but controversial figure FW de Klerk, the last president of apartheid in South Africa, will be attending (Thatcher's funeral).

Invitees include:

All surviving former prime ministers
All surviving former US presidents and a Reagan family representative
Hillary Clinton
All surviving members of Lady Thatcher’s Cabinets
The current Cabinet
The leader of Her Majesty’s opposition
President Manuel Barroso
Sir Bernard and Lady Ingham
Fredrick Forsyth CBE
Former prime minister Mahathir of Malaysia
A representative of Nelson Mandela
Mr & Mrs Michael Portillo
Tony & Cherie Blair
F.W. de Klerk
Dame Shirley Bassey DBE
Jeremy Clarkson
Lord and Lady Lloyd Webber
Lord and Lady Archer
Lord Powell of Bayswater KCMG OBE
Lord Carrington
Prime minister Harper of Canada
Former prime minister Brian Mulrooney of Canada

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Not really, and don't presume to know what I was thinking. I've got every respect for our soldiers. It was not a whine, it was a valid point about years lost on the peace process by a Gov that would not listen. Fact is if the Blair Gov could do it, why could the Thatch Gov not do it. The IRA Blair dealt with were the same Thatcher choose not to. I wonder how many Brit and Irish lives were lost due to her stubborness?

Don't just gob off back and call me a leftie ****, I honestly believe the point above is totally valid. You sound like an ex-squaddie, so don't just shout military facts at me, because I won't know what you are on about and frankly would not care anyway.
You keep going on about years lost on the peace process , for the second time I will reiterate that the so called peace process wasn't anywhere on the horizon in 1981 , the only reason it came about years later was the realisation by Sinn Fein / IRA that they simply couldn't win militarily, who do you think initiated initial contact ? It wasn't the British government , and you really should get your facts right , the process was started under the major administration , who deserves a lot more credit than Blair.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
I'll acknowledge Major, but to say he deserves more credit than Bush is just cloud cuckoo land stuff. Yes, YEARS LOST X 1000, I think you are wrong - deal with it.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I'll acknowledge Major, but to say he deserves more credit than Bush is just cloud cuckoo land stuff. Yes, YEARS LOST X 1000, I think you are wrong - deal with it.
Quite what Bush had to do with the peace process is beyond me , you think I'm wrong because you don't know the facts , tell me why you think the peace process was viable as early as 1981 , and why you think it came about in the first place ?

sitdown

Dec 13, 2011
I thought it was pretty crazy that the day before she passed away, my friend got a picture of her and put her image to canvas.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Quite what Bush had to do with the peace process is beyond me , you think I'm wrong because you don't know the facts , tell me why you think the peace process was viable as early as 1981 , and why you think it came about in the first place ?

Blair, my mistake.

Nah, I'm done. My point was, the hunger strikes delayed a peace process / a Good Friday agreement by 10 years, you think the opposite and say I don't know the facts. I DON't say the PP was viable in 1981, but it could have been done much quicker than it was.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
In any case, the voting figures posted by someone else clearly show a majority voted for someone else. This really isn't difficult.

That's always the case in any democracy. The party with the most votes wins, but unless they get 51%, they will never actually be the majority of vots. Everyone knows that. But you can't let the other parties form a government, just because, between them, they got more votes than the party who got the most votes. That's not how any election works. Anywhere.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
I totally agree. Kids need to be informed that she was an evil witch.

Only the Loony Left think she was an evil witch and that is because they don't understand national economics and are prone to overspending. She was not an evil witch. She was undoing the mess Labour had made, just is Cameron is trying to do again today.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Yep.
Between 1999 and 2002, Mr Brown ordered the sale of almost 400 tons of the gold reserves when the price was at a 20-year low. Since then, the price has more than quadrupled, meaning the decision cost taxpayers an estimated £7 billion, according to Mike Warburton of the accountants Grant Thornton.
It is understood that Mr Brown pushed ahead with the sale despite serious misgivings at the Bank of England. It is not thought that senior Bank experts were even consulted about the decision, which was driven through by a small group of senior Treasury aides close to Mr Brown.
Explain why you sold Britain's gold, Gordon Brown told - Telegraph

A few more links, just in case some are not happy with the first tabloid report.
Gordon Brown Sold Britain’s Gold at Artificially Low Prices to Bail Out a Large American Bank | Zero Hedge
Gordon Brown Gold Sales - Browns Bottom Gold | UK Gold Reserves
How much did Gordon Brown's gold sale cost us?
And from HIS own WIKI page.
Between 1999 and 2002 Brown sold 60% of the UK's gold reserves shortly before gold entered a protracted bull market, since nicknamed by dealers as Brown Bottom. The official reason for selling the gold reserves was to reduce the portfolio risk of the UK's reserves by diversifying away from gold. The UK eventually sold about 395 tons of gold over 17 auctions from July 1999 to March 2002, at an average price of about US$275 per ounce, raising approximately US$3.5 billion. By 2011, that quantity of gold would be worth over $19 billion, leading to Brown's decision to sell the gold being widely criticised.

And, apart from reducing the value of our national assets, Mr Brown's sale of the gold also impacted on the global economy and played its part in the global recession. He really was a clever boy, wasn't he?

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Criticised because he didn't have a crystal ball, maybe? Sounds a bit like criticising someone for not picking the right lottery numbers.

The Major Government had left the nation in the best financial shape it had been for decades. But Brown spent the lot. He spent more money than we had. So he sold the gold, which he wouldn't have had to do, if had had not overspent by so much.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
You truly are a complete and utter **** wit aren't you. The Labour party came in into power and the coffers were over spilling, it was like an alcoholic walking into a brewery and told help yourself and have a few drinks but not drink the place dry to put us out of business. That's the problem with Labour, They ruin the country, bring it to it's knees and then leave the dirty work for the tories then the public think they're the nasty party so re-elect Labour and what do they do. Bring the country to it's knees again.

Spot on and this has been happening for 50 years or more.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Having been there through the governments of the late 60's, 70's, 80's etc.....i think this opinion sums it all up quite nicely.
I am no fan of the Tories but in my opinion, it seems that every time they are elected they have to act like a mother......clearing up the mess that the kids made.

My thoughts exactly, and I'm not a Tory either. None of the parties has the right ideology.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
You are aware that deregulation of banking and credit controls, the destruction of traditional industry, 3 depressions, 15% interest rates, the ERM disaster, the end of rent controls, the death of Council house building, numerous public safety disasters, mass unemployment, urban rioting all happened between 1979 and 1997 ?

Deregulation of banking was economically beneficial to the nation. And it stopped banking being a world of city-slickers who only got the job because Daddy had millions invested in the bank. Traditional industry was already dying, because emerging Third-World countries were making everything cheaper than Britain was. Britain was not competitive enough. As to the rest, it would be valuable if you wrote a thesis on "The British Economy, 1900-2013", making a comparative analysis between one Government and another, before you can say that Britain's economy or social conditions under the Conservatives has been worse than Britain under Labour or the Liberals. It's a very big subject and not suitable for pick-n-mix.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Yep, but thanks for reminding me. As i stated, having been through the 60's 70's etc, i am aware. As also stated previously, i have never voted Tory....but they have not messed this country up like Labour in there terms in the 70's, then the 90's and 2000's. Anti English, put this country into massive debt etc etc.
Thatcher had some good points and some bad, but at least she fought Britain's corner, something that no politician has since......oh in my opinion.
2ynqe6h.jpg

Yep. Same here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports