Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnsley vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No, as I said previously. I think it would have gone wide, with no other contact.

True, but he might have meant it as a shot though! He wouldn't be the first footballer to aim at the goal and hit the corner flag! :)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Regarding all this talk of 'blips' – and thanks to someone at the BBC putting the wrong link into an article – I see that for the first nine games of the season the Albion 'only' took 17 out of 27. Turns out that's EXACTLY what the last nine games have yielded. Sitting third in the table at the time (24th September) I don't remember any complaints then :shrug:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37392291

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Just an aside about Barnsley.....what a friendly club and fans....

Yep, my favourite away so far this season. Oakwell is a nice ground and all the people being snobbish about Barnsley made me cringe.

Feelings might be different had we lost but altogether met some great people who seemed shocked at our humility regarding the win. Probably too used to Leeds fans.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Regarding all this talk of 'blips' – and thanks to someone at the BBC putting the wrong link into an article – I see that for the first nine games of the season the Albion 'only' took 17 out of 27. Turns out that's EXACTLY what the last nine games have yielded. Sitting third in the table at the time (24th September) I don't remember any complaints then :shrug:
At the start of the season we thought top two was out of reach. We're not saying that recent results have been poor, we're just aware that top two is not out of reach now, we are very hopeful of top two, so we know we need to perform well.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
At the start of the season we thought top two was out of reach. We're not saying that recent results have been poor, we're just aware that top two is not out of reach now, we are very hopeful of top two, so we know we need to perform well.

I'm pretty sure quite a few people are saying EXACTLY that, Trig... Granted it's an over-reaction, but hey, this is NSC :lol:

Anyway, if we carried on at the same ratio (17/9 =1.8ppg) we'd finish on 94 points (unless my maths is wrong). Which is not too shabby...

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes

Speak for yourself!

PG (holding 18/1 E/W on the title)

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

If we perform like we did in this game in our remaining fixtures, top two is in the bag. This was a really good, solid, confidence boosting, "blip" ending performance and result. Onwards and upwards!

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
If we perform like we did in this game in our remaining fixtures, top two is in the bag. This was a really good, solid, confidence boosting, "blip" ending performance and result. Onwards and upwards!
I would say the blip is over. 7pts from 9pts would suggest that

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm pretty sure quite a few people are saying EXACTLY that, Trig
Yes true, but perhaps it's not the overall opinion.

Anyway, if we carried on at the same ratio (17/9 =1.8ppg) we'd finish on 94 points (unless my maths is wrong). Which is not too shabby...
Indeed that's pretty decent. It's such a small gap to Huddersfield though, and they're playing out of their skin. Even their reserves matched Man City.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here