Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnsley vs Brighton and Hove Albion ****Official Match Thread****

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I have always been a half full, optimistic guy but I really am being tested here
something has got to change
just watch the Albion make it look like I am talking bollocks and win on SUNDAY

maybe it is time to have a change of manager..................................did I really write that

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Oh well last season all over again ... This time because we lack the attacking flair to open teams up. Midfield still needs more offensive players and another couple of strikers close season please

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Huddersfield feels like a very long time ago. Confidence well and truly burst now.

And now I have to go and be nice to the public? That's going to be tough.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What a load of rubbish what the hell is wrong with the ref and why oh why can we not bloody take pens it is so annoying

Its got toss all to do with that, the last three games can be blamed on the inept mamager who is basically not good enough. His tactics leave us wanting every time we need to consolidate a position. He's failed.

Why the hell hasn't Lua Lua been playing before? WHY

Negative negative tactics.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Nadgers. I haven't quite given up hope yet being one point off the play-offs with loads of games left. Just have to keep our heads and not have the mindset of the pantomime numbskulls who seem to revel in the chance to rant after unglorious nights.

Only glimmer of hope is Cardiff getting a late equaliser, so we are still close to Leicester who are looking almost as shaky as us. At least it is too early in the season for Palace to deliver the coup de grace.

To be honest I would prefer to bugger up their promotion than go up ourselves at the moment!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Even Matt Sparrow scored for Crawley....can we be pleased about that at all?.... slight Albion link

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Thats the difference... Cardiff have one shot on target all night vs Leicester and nick a 1-1 draw. We dominate the game and get nothing.

Are Cardiff just lucky?

Are we just unlucky?

To get out of this league you need to win the games you dominate, and scrap for the odd point when up against it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
No two ways about it that was a bad result. Losing at the bottom side, as well as missing a penalty. We are just a bit short of the quality to play the way Gus wants. Realistically we will have spend in this summer get more depth of quality into the squad or it will be another frustrating season- especially as we will lose certain players.

This man's had more money relatively than any in the history of the club and is failing.

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
I do like the Championship. BUT I do like us to win too. Ridiculous, we seem to have messed up big style last three games. Lots of trepidation for Sunday lunchtime now

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
****s sake. we have some top championship players in this team but they just dont seem to be able to show their quality or fighting spirit for 90 minutes. playing well for just 20 to 30 minutes of a game isnt good enough.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
mate i love the loyalty from you,you wear your heart on your sleeve,like many on here,simple fact is we aint good enough

Maybe not. But the ref ain't helped tonight. Yes I do wear my heart on my sleeve which is why I shouldn't post on nsc when emotions are running high.

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
Yeah cos Kuszczak, Upson, Bridge, Orlandi, Lopez and Ulloa are all cr@p aren't they!!! Some people on here are fecking clueless!

Upson and bridge on loan! doubt we will see Spanish Dave next year but hope we do! and anyway what does throwing names at me mean?? we have a good team yet look at the last 3 performances! wake up and smell the coffee!!!
dejavue anyone??

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Still listening to player with 7 mins to go. So we lost. shite.

I am not a Gus can do no wrong person and I so wish we could vary the formation before we are losing.Gus you have done so many good things but you are stubborn about this formation. 4-4-2 seems to work!!!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here