Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnsley roll-call

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Wakefield, Urgh! Ever since i moved up everyone told me come out in Wakefield with us cracking night out etc etc - So I did, personally thought it was shite and full of nobheads just remininded me of West Street maybe i just got dragged to the wrong places?

Excellent, can't wait!

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
There probably are some good pubs i just didn't go them. Mustang Sallys was one such bar springs to mind now ( this was 6 or 7 years ago so probably no longer exists) a strip club by that name would offer promise however it was not a strip club but some god damn awful bar with Fosters at £2 a pint and a bunch of local chavs looking for a punch up.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I am going tomorrow, doing a bit of business up in the North and then taking in the Leicester game next week. Anyone else planning on drinking in the metrodome??

BarnsleyBob

May 17, 2012
I was going to say I hope you all enjoyed your day out, but there appears to be a lot of very pissed off Brighton fans using this forum and I think it would fall on deaf ears. You should try being in our position! I shouldn't be too hard on your team. The league table suggests you were playing one of the three worst sides in the division, but that's not a fair reflection on the team you faced yesterday. For much of the season we've been hopeless, but that's no longer the case. Danny Wilson, who we brought in just before Christmas, has got to grips with the squad he inherited and we're ten times what we were. I don't think we'd be troubling the relegation battle had we been playing this way all season. We'd be nowhere near it. Unfortunately, the improvement may have come about too late to save us.

I thought the result was a fair one in the end. We had much more of the play in the first half, you in the second, although our best chance of the game came in that second half. Our manager has gone on record saying he thought we would have nicked it if it wasn't for the sending off, but I'm not sure I'd go with that. That Brighton defence is as good as I've seen at this level and didn't give us an inch. The pleasing thing for us Barnsley fans is that our defence is now looking like it belongs in the Championship too. Not quite on your level as yet, but getting there.

Our whole club - fans, players, manager - are extremely annoyed about the performance of the referee, but I'll not bore you with that. Occasionally opposing supporters can agree about the merits of the two teams and who deserved the result, but they never agree about refereeing decisions.

Best of luck for the rest of the season and don't give up on your play-off ambitions. A victory on Tuesday at Leicester, who may all still be drunk after celebrating promotion yesterday, could see you right back in it. After we confirmed our promotion to the Premiership in '97 we lost the next game 5-1 away at Oxford. By far our heaviest defeat of the season. The post match debate raged around who had drunk the most beer before the game, our fans or our players. After that, you'll play a number of teams who are a lot worse than us. Looking at your fixtures, you could really do us a few favours too.

All the best

BarnsleyBob

May 17, 2012
Saying 'I told you so' is never an attractive quality, but I don't think any of you will mind under the circumstances. Congratulations on a great victory. Any chance you can do the same to Charlton, Yeovil and Blackpool? Although, for our own safety, it would also require us to win some games and that may prove beyond us.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Saying 'I told you so' is never an attractive quality, but I don't think any of you will mind under the circumstances. Congratulations on a great victory. Any chance you can do the same to Charlton, Yeovil and Blackpool? Although, for our own safety, it would also require us to win some games and that may prove beyond us.

We will do our best!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here