Barnsley fan cautioned

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Wonder what happen if i shouted racist abuse at a black person or a Pakistan person, would i get a slap on the wrist? we all know the answer to that.

palace fans were singing homophobic songs about us last night, with the fa act? not a f***ing chance.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Wonder what happen if i shouted racist abuse at a black person or a Pakistan person, would i get a slap on the wrist? we all know the answer to that.

palace fans were singing homophobic songs about us last night, with the fa act? not a f***ing chance.

Palace are now being monitored on a match by match basis by the FA.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
sorry, many may disagree with this, but here goes...

Homophobic chanting to us Brighton fans does not hurt us, we have come to expect it, and we give loads back. This ladies and gentlemen is called "BANTER", If you take this out of the game it takes the atmosphere away, it takes the fun out of the game.

i am a straight male, and i have no problem with this, i don't take any offence, and how many times have you heard our fans singing "your too ugly to be gay". Next it will be we are not allowed to call teams dirty northern bastards, or too ugly to be gay. How long will it be before a Brighton fan getting a banning order for calling someone ugly, or northern?

we cannot allow these people to take the banter out of the game? we cannot let the PC tree hugging brigade to take this away...

Rant over

rosscrudos

Mar 17, 2008
Homophobic chanting might not hurt any straight males who are sure of their sexuality, but what about a kid who is, say, between the ages of 9-16 (and older) who isn't sure about their sexuality?

Imagine you are starting to realise you are gay, and you go to a footy game and 3000 or more people are making fun out of being gay? It's not meant in a hateful way but it still would confuse and hurt.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
It's that calling people homosexual is done so as an insult - that's what's wrong with it and why rightly IMO it's being (somewhat) clamped down on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports