Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnhill Brownie (IRE) - Owner Mr Tony Bloom

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
I had the pleasure of attending Leicester Racecourse yesterday and the 14:40 had a horse by the name of Barnhill Brownie, owned by Mr Tony Bloom.

All I can say is that I hope his judgement in running a football club is better than it is at buying horses:

PU Barnhill Brownie (IRE) 11-2 t Giles Hawkins (7) P J Hobbs 6 33/1
in rear, jumped poorly, jumped very slowly 2nd and soon behind, tried to refuse 4th, jumped very slowly next, soon pulled up

Reminds me a bit of Mark McCammon.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
If he's owned it it's whole career then he should have made a nice profit.

That's the strange thing, previous form suggested it was a decent horse but I've never seen a more pathetic attempt to complete a hurdles course.

Seems like it's gone from being a decent prospect to an utter turdburger over a matter of months.

Maybe Albert Jarrett would have been a better analogy.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
That's the strange thing, previous form suggested it was a decent horse but I've never seen a more pathetic attempt to complete a hurdles course.

Seems like it's gone from being a decent prospect to an utter turdburger over a matter of months.

Maybe Albert Jarrett would have been a better analogy.
Could it have been running to reduce it's handicap mark? Especially as at 33/1 there had been little money staked on it....just a thought.

I had the pleasure of attending Leicester Racecourse yesterday and the 14:40 had a horse by the name of Barnhill Brownie, owned by Mr Tony Bloom.

All I can say is that I hope his judgement in running a football club is better than it is at buying horses:

PU Barnhill Brownie (IRE) 11-2 t Giles Hawkins (7) P J Hobbs 6 33/1
in rear, jumped poorly, jumped very slowly 2nd and soon behind, tried to refuse 4th, jumped very slowly next, soon pulled up

Reminds me a bit of Mark McCammon.

So what about the decent horses he owns like the one that won the Wokingham at Ascot, he also owns a great novice chaser in Ireland in partnership with none other than the owner of Denmam, and I think you will find one of the biggest racehorse owners in the world John Magnier owns a few duffers.

Next

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
So what about the decent horses he owns like the one that won the Wokingham at Ascot, he also owns a great novice chaser in Ireland in partnership with none other than the owner of Denmam, and I think you will find one of the biggest racehorse owners in the world John Magnier owns a few duffers.

Next

Wow.

It was just supposed to be a light hearted anecdote about a day at the races when Tony's horse had a bit of a mare (if you'll pardon the pun) not a comprehensive critique of his judgement.

Who are you, his Mum?

Oh and "next".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here