Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Perhaps you heard something i havent..........as far as i was aware, gus like to play 1 up front and 5 across the middle with 1/2 supporting the front man. Of course i might be wrong.

Just after we signed Ulloa, Gus said he didn't want to sell CMS. He said something like "Why would I do that, when I have been searching 18 months to find the number 9 to play alongside him?"

Do keep up!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He just likes to play a certain formation......its his team and he makes the rules.

By the way, i certainly dont always like it.

And that, my friend, is my point. We are on a message board, and can point out that we disagree with Gus on some things. Barnes should NOT be first choice IMHO, and Gus needs to be more attacking, using the extensive attacking resources at his disposal. That is my opinion, and I'm sticking with it.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
And that, my friend, is my point. We are on a message board, and can point out that we disagree with Gus on some things. Barnes should NOT be first choice IMHO, and Gus needs to be more attacking, using the extensive attacking resources at his disposal. That is my opinion, and I'm sticking with it.

I have to agree that Barnes wouldn't get into my starting eleven if all were fit.

Sorry about not keeping as up to date as I should be. Will try harder

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Just after we signed Ulloa, Gus said he didn't want to sell CMS. He said something like "Why would I do that, when I have been searching 18 months to find the number 9 to play alongside him?"

Do keep up!

I recall Gus being quoted like that about Ulloa playing with CMS and thought 'hello, does that signal a change in tactics?'. However I can understand Gus being wary of playing them both up front away from home. We had no real pace on the pitch today until CMS came on and immediately had an impact in the few minutes he got alongside Ulloa. Vicente didn't push up so much as Ulloa so it was back to square one with CMS on his own.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I have to agree that Barnes wouldn't get into my starting eleven if all were fit.

Sorry about not keeping as up to date as I should be. Will try harder

Let's just see if Gus grows some balls and starts selecting 2 up top, starting with Hull. If not, I can't see us making up the gap to the playoffs.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'll reserve my judgement until I see it again - but at least he was getting stuck in unlike Lopez, Orlandi or Hammond

Indefensible. Gus says red justified. Ash needs to grow-up and fast.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I recall Gus being quoted like that about Ulloa playing with CMS and thought 'hello, does that signal a change in tactics?'. However I can understand Gus being wary of playing them both up front away from home. We had no real pace on the pitch today until CMS came on and immediately had an impact in the few minutes he got alongside Ulloa. Vicente didn't push up so much as Ulloa so it was back to square one with CMS on his own.

Yes, agreed. But in the position we were in the game, should he have taken off Ulloa? Why was Hoskins not brought on? Why not start the game on the attack, and let CMS make a positive impact alongside Ulloa from kick-off? Gus - time to grow a pair.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Indefensible. Gus says red justified. Ash needs to grow-up and fast.

Well he won't be around for 3 games now so let's see what occurs.........

Hopefully this might force a change for the better.. Who knows

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Well he won't be around for 3 games now so let's see what occurs.........

Hopefully this might force a change for the better.. Who knows

Fingers-crossed! This is Gus chance to throw 2 upfront.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
With Barnesy suspended for the next 3 games we might see a 4-4-2 formation next Saturday with CMS and Spanish Len up front.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
With Barnesy suspended for the next 3 games we might see a 4-4-2 formation next Saturday with CMS and Spanish Len up front.

Please Gus, just do it. You know it makes sense. Let's get our opponents worrying a bit more for once.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No chance - people have got to realise we wont play 2 up front !! Its just the same bullshit EVERY time we lose.

Funnily enough no one moans we dont have 2 up front when were winning......

We'll see. If we're serious about the playoffs, then we have to go for it, IMHO.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
No chance - people have got to realise we wont play 2 up front !! Its just the same bullshit EVERY time we lose.

Funnily enough no one moans we dont have 2 up front when were winning......

Well that's not been enough times though has it. Hence why we are wanting it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here