xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
He's no Messi, but he gives 100%, that's all you can ask for

Running like a racing turkey doesn't help much though :lolol:

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Good cross from MURRAY too, if MURRAY didn't put in that LOVELY cross, Barnes wouldn't have scored and we may not have won. Well done MURRAY.

(and Barnes)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Maybe that finish will shut alot of people up. He showed last season that he has the ability to put the ball in the back of the net and did again today. great finish :thumbsup:

Shut people up?

I'm sure I won't be the only one to suggest you look at yourself and your attitude to Glenn Murray before writing posts like that.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Was in and out the game, looked total gash at times and other times seemed to have something going with Murray.

Nice hit for the goal though so credit due, should do him the world of good.

We still badly need a striker but we all know that

Chuffed with the 3 points and pleasing that Murray and Barnes at times look good. They seem to play close together and the more they play together the better it could be

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
but if he hadn't done that he would be getting one hell of a slagging off on here tonight because he was otherwise shit.

No he wouldn't, because no, he wasn't.

He took about twenty minutes to get into the game, and after that I thought he had a pretty good match. He and Murray actually started to look like a genuine partnership for the first time this season. Let's hope they move onwards and upwards from here.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I think we just need to accept Barnes for what he is. He's the kind of player who won't look that active during the game but will pop up with goals as long as you get the ball to him in the box. He needs service from the midfield.

Great finish today, and some nice moves between him and Murray. Agree with Dougal about those two playing close together, that brings little one-twos and flick-ons into play, when it goes right it's good to watch.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
At half-time nobody around me could actually remember him touching the ball.

In the second half we were poor as a team until we scored (our of absolutely nowhere) and he was more missing than most. He made a total hash of a simple chance near the end as well.

Good goal, I'm not denying that, but you can't say he wouldn't have been criticised after that had he not scored.

If, if, if....he did score, so what's the point?

What, if anything, makes you happy in life? Do you EVER just sit back and enjoy anything and take it for what it is, or do you have to analyse everything to the nth degree, looking for flaws and miniscule points to feel grumpy about?

Must be quite depressing being you...perhaps you should go and support Barcelona if a win for the Albion against Walsall doesn't bring you enough satisfaction.

the hitman

Jan 17, 2008
Viva Las Burgess Hill
Great assist too from MURRAY!

Yes was a great cross, but the point of my other thread is that he missed two sitters so how can he be M.O.M

Had he had scored those two, i would be saying he played very well and would agree with the decision to award him man of the match.

Fact is though, he didn't. The striker job is to score goals. Barnes did that, Murray did not.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I actually thought he played very well and was always looking to get into positions and his running and movement kept their defenders busy all afternoon. Held the ball and took his chance well. Was pleased with the input from both strikers today

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
At half-time nobody around me could actually remember him touching the ball.

Where do you sit? People around me had him as one of the better players in the first half!

I thought he played really well again and whilst Murray get's the plaudits (despite missing yet another gilt edged opportunity - 1 in every game he's played now), Barnes went about his business, did loads of unselfish running and got his just desserts with the goal.

Personally, I think they play well together and am delighted Barnes got the goal and it was a good assist by Murray....... hopefully good things to come.

I just do not understand the negativity towards Barnes.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I thought Barnes put in 100% today and linked up well with Glen and a great finish. I can't understand anyone slating his performance to be honest.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Oh, you're one of those brainless ones I see. We won = we're amazing. I presume when we lose we're automatically terrible too. A 2-1 win against Walsall does not make us a team of 11 footballing gods any more than a 1-0 loss at Sheffield Wednesday makes us a team of flids.

Please, shush. No-one said we were amazing; just that we won, so people should enjoy the win, and not moan about people, whom without we would not have won, just for the sake of moaning. We won!!!! Three points!!! Bring on Leyton Orient.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here