Barnes & Nooney - sell on clauses?.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
Congratulations again for last night, thoroughly deserved :bowdown:.

A thought has cropped up on our board however whether there was a promotion clause attatched to their moves from Argyle?, anyone with an idea your end?.

Our inept former board just trotted out the old "undisclosed fee" line regards the deals at the time (code for we sold them far too cheaply and we're embarrassed to admit it). We know QPR will pay a fee if they go up thanks to Jamie Mackie's move (and Neil Warnock being far more open and disclosing what our muppets wouldn't) wondered if we might get some now much needed funds as a result of your success too.

Mackie, Wright-Phillips, Noone, Barnes...........it's a minor miracle we conspired to be quite so sh1t in the Championship last season really :facepalm:

Comes to something when your best case scenario involves playing the mighty Crawley Town next season, sigh.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Comes to something when your best case scenario involves playing the mighty Crawley Town next season, sigh.

Least it'll be a short drive for you, you can stop by on your way home from work :)

No idea if there's any clauses, probably not though as I can't imagine Argyle were in much of a position to negotiate at the time....well for Noone at least. I'd think a clause would be more likely in Baaaaaarnes's case, seeing as he's young and was sold before the depth of Argyle's financial shit-heap was truly measured.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I doubt there is one in Noone's contract as we were the run away leaders when we signed him in January and we probably would have gone up without him, Bloom wouldn't have offered you extra for promotion

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
Least it'll be a short drive for you, you can stop by on your way home from work :)

No idea if there's any clauses, probably not though as I can't imagine Argyle were in much of a position to negotiate at the time....well for Noone at least. I'd think a clause would be more likely in Baaaaaarnes's case, seeing as he's young and was sold before the depth of Argyle's financial shit-heap was truly measured.

Oh it's far from being quantified, due dilligence hasn't even started yet with the proposed bidders and you just know there are more skeletons to come out of the cupboard yet.

Thanks for the 'word' on the clauses, clutching at straws I guess but that's all we've got now!.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports