Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes goal

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
To be fair, there have been one or two games where he has apparently played well, so he has shown promise, but as yet, he's not in Barnes' class and remains very inconsistent.

Agreed, in an ideal world he would have been on the bench for a few games this season. I think the absence of Stephens, March and Crofts for most of the first half of the season has made it difficult to give him a rest.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yep. I think you are being ridiculous. Ashley Barnes has scored 3 goals in the Premiership, despite not really starting many games until recently. He HAS won Burnley valuable points, and scored half as many as the 'god' Ulloa. To belittle what he has done is ridiculous.

Yeh maybe use words rather than a 'thumbs down' though? I'm not belittling what he's done - I'm a fan of his. But if you really think he's prem quality I think you're well wrong. Ulloa is prem quality - it's not all about goals either - fair play to Ashley but you'd expect him to have notched a few - doesn't make him prem quality

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
[QU OTE=sheebo;6723065]Yeh maybe use words rather than a 'thumbs down' though? I'm not belittling what he's done - I'm a fan of his. But if you really think he's prem quality I think you're well wrong. Ulloa is prem quality - it's not all about goals either - fair play to Ashley but you'd expect him to have notched a few - doesn't make him prem quality[/QUOTE]

Who is Premiership quality ? Look at Nugent, prolific Championship goal scorer, 14 starts for Leicester this year, 1 goal.

Most said Barnes wouldn't play let alone start for Burnley, yet he's scoring very important goals. More important than Ulloas to date

Stumpy Tim

I haven't set out to prove or disprove anyone's point. I just take issue with this idea that the JFC situation is the same as that of Ashley Barnes. It clearly isn't, as Barnes was effective for the majority of his appearances despite carrying the team goal scoring responsibility and mostly being played out of position.

JFC is more like Cook at Bournemouth - could develop into a class act. But unlike Cook, he's been given his chance to prove it here, and indisputably hasn't taken it. He's very ordinary at senior level.
Very very harsh. JFC plays a lot better than he gets credit for - he's just not a defensive midfielder filling in at left back while our left back is playing as a winger. Even harsher given you've barely seen a game this season

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
[QU OTE=sheebo;6723065]Yeh maybe use words rather than a 'thumbs down' though? I'm not belittling what he's done - I'm a fan of his. But if you really think he's prem quality I think you're well wrong. Ulloa is prem quality - it's not all about goals either - fair play to Ashley but you'd expect him to have notched a few - doesn't make him prem quality

Who is Premiership quality ? Look at Nugent, prolific Championship goal scorer, 14 starts for Leicester this year, 1 goal.

Most said Barnes wouldn't play let alone start for Burnley, yet he's scoring very important goals. More important than Ulloas to date[/QUOTE]

He's not either. It's all about opinions but in truth, before Barnes left I reckon there'd have been 5% of our fans max who saw him as a prem player. And although things are bad, it doesn't suddenly make our ex players world beaters. Buckley was v poor for his last 6 months here but is doing well at Sunderland. Much more a prem player than Barnes. As I say, just an opinion, just found the 'thumbs down' a bit silly in all honesty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here