[News] Barnardo’s TV advert 2022

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

I hope I’m not alone on NSC when I say this emotive ad breaks my heart 😞

Puts everything into perspective, Potter, Powell whatever, there’s a lot of things away from football in this country that need rectifying.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
The lack of understanding and support available to some of the most vulnerable children in our society is in my opinion the biggest scandal of our times. Whether it be poverty, neglect, educational support, the children of this country are not getting the help they need. If you want to tackle crime and homelessness and make society better, you need to support the most vulnerable.
  • Over 10,000 young people in England age out of the care system every year on their 18th birthday.
  • Care leavers make up 25% of the homeless population.
  • Almost 25% of the adult prison population have previously been in care, and nearly 50% of under 21-year-olds in contact with the criminal justice system have spent time in care.
  • 41% of care leavers aged 19-21 years are not in education, employment, or training (NEET), compared to 12% of all 19- to 21-year-olds.
  • 7% of care leavers aged 17 years are in accommodation considered to be unsuitable.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
The lack of understanding and support available to some of the most vulnerable children in our society is in my opinion the biggest scandal of our times. Whether it be poverty, neglect, educational support, the children of this country are not getting the help they need. If you want to tackle crime and homelessness and make society better, you need to support the most vulnerable.
  • Over 10,000 young people in England age out of the care system every year on their 18th birthday.
  • Care leavers make up 25% of the homeless population.
  • Almost 25% of the adult prison population have previously been in care, and nearly 50% of under 21-year-olds in contact with the criminal justice system have spent time in care.
  • 41% of care leavers aged 19-21 years are not in education, employment, or training (NEET), compared to 12% of all 19- to 21-year-olds.
  • 7% of care leavers aged 17 years are in accommodation considered to be unsuitable.
Which makes everyone getting their knickers in a twist over the dinghy arrivals in Kent a tad hollow. 😞

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Which makes everyone getting their knickers in a twist over the dinghy arrivals in Kent a tad hollow. 😞
WTF? I think I will refrain from posting what I truly feel about this post and, more to the point, what it says about you.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
WTF? I think I will refrain from posting what I truly feel about this post and, more to the point, what it says about you.
Completely read it wrong, but not for the first time, my knicker twisting referred to the Knuckle Draggers constantly bemonaing the arrivals in Kent, we have a society that's forgotten about caring, be they kids under Barnardos or kids arriving in dinghys, we need to care more people of all races, colours and creeds right across the board.

Priving you get your head out of your arse old boy, next time youre in Sussex we can meet up for a beer, and talk about old times. (y)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
f***ing hell.

Couldnt prevent yourself from using vulnerable children to take a dig at immigrants, could you?

Says everything anyone need to know about you.
Swans old love, see my reply to Herr T, and don't get your knickers in a twist :ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Completely read it wrong, but not for the first time my knicker twisting referred to the Knuckle Draggers constantly bemonaing the arrivals in Kent, we have a society that's forgotten about caring, be they kids under Barnardos or kids arriving in dinghys, we need to care more people of all races, colours and creeds right across the board.

Priving you get your head out of your arse old boy, next time youre in Sussex we can meet up for a beer, and talk about old times. (y)
Given the endless racial subtexts to your posts, I do not believe this.

And please refrain from posting my name. It’s against this sites rules and I believe you have been told this before.

Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
And please refrain from posting my name. It’s against this sites rules and I believe you have been told this before.
I have edited the posts in question, but I want to re-iterate this to everyone for the avoidance of doubt:

Please do not refer to posters on here by their real names. Future breaches of this request may be treated less gently.

Thanks.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have edited the posts in question, but I want to re-iterate this to everyone for the avoidance of doubt:

Please do not refer to posters on here by their real names. Future breaches of this request may be treated less gently.

Thanks.
Danke dir

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
My other half works in CAMHS and it's pretty depressing situation.

Of course I'm not told anything that would breach confidentiality but some of these kids are just falling through ever-widening cracks.

I don't know how she does it, I'd crumble.

I volunteer in child support. Some of the neglect these kids face is just heart-breaking and inhumane. Unfortunately, those who often inflict the damage have been damaged themselves during their own upbringing so it's a perpetual cycle unless there is intervention. Unpicking this damage takes years and a lot of support and understanding. Unless you've been involved in any way, you really can't imagine the harm. If anyone really wants to understand this in any great detail, it's worth reading about attachment disorder and trauma and the long term outcomes I've highlighted above. It's terribly sobering and has certainly shifted my political compass way further left since I've been involved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports