Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Barn Door

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Agreed, but it is also notoriously difficult to pick up 3 points if you concede daft goals when you are not a free-scoring side. My point s that our recent form or points haul is arguably as much to do with the absence of mistake-free defending as it is our ability to score goals. Our attacking players haven't changed and we struggle to score lots of goals. If teams can do a job on Lamptey and Cucurella, which is much easier to do when you are OK to defend in numbers which you are when you are away from home or 1-0 up, we will struggle to score. Welbeck, Maupay, Trossard, Ally Mac, Lallana, Gross, March - none of them are prolific, but we can apply pressure and create chances when teams feel the need to play more openly against us - if we score 1st, if they are Top 4 or 6 or they are (Bielsa's) Leeds Utd . Wolves are so similar in this regard - if they defend brilliantly, they will win and draw, but they struggle to score goals, arguably because they are so tight at the back, but their do have "better" finishers than us on the whole I think.. Neves/Moutinho gets the Ally Mac chance on Saturday, Jiminez gets the Welbeck chance - I think they might have done better.
I agree with this. Although when you are not scoring it puts huge pressure on the defence. Too many sloppy mistakes recently along with a big dose of good old fashioned bad luck. Matty Cash suddenly deciding to hit a world class finish from right back. That doesn't happen often.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here