Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barn door Billy

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
I think Gus is the greatest manager we have ever had but I don't think that Barn Door Billy gives us anymore than Ashley Barnes. OK Ash if he gets 5 chances in a game he will miss 3 but probably score the other 2 but at the moment those chances are not being created.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Barnes lets us play the way we did last year - he is good at link-up play and keeping the ball on the ground. People have their opinions on him, but (like Gary Dicker), he is an important part of the way we play and create chances, we are plugging in players that are making us change our game.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Actually I think Barnes is now played out of position rather than out of form.

Ooh I know what u mean re the position bit...but his general play for me had been poor even before Paynter was signed......don't get me wrong though ..just because a players out of form doesn't make him a bad player

andyconor

Nov 20, 2011
Ooh I know what u mean re the position bit...but his general play for me had been poor even before Paynter was signed......don't get me wrong though ..just because a players out of form doesn't make him a bad player

Form is for now, class in permanent.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Paynter needs time to settle down here. Mind you 30,000 Leeds United fans can't all be wrong... I'd personally like to see Barnes play properly up front.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Same twats pasting Paynter as those experts who said Chris Wood was rubbish- just do us a favour and shut the f*** up

Sent from my iPhone using a goat

To be fair Chris Wood was rubbish for us last year. Everyone is entitled to an opinion hence this is a forum. In my opinion the jury is out on Paynter but not seen anything at all from him yet!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Calling Paynter "Barn Door Billy" is doing a great injustice to Craig "Barney" Davies.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
My first look at Paynter - He just seems to have 'league 1' feet. Not at all impressed with him. I dont think any amount of settling in will change his apparent lack of skill with the ball. Ashley Barnes for me is way ahead of him.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

The thing about Paynter that get's on my nerves is he is only in the team for his holding up the ball/heading ability. We dont as a team play that way so plugging the gap left by Murray with an out-and-out target man has simply failed. Murray had the class to bring the ball down and create whilst Paynter simply has not. Murray was 10x the player and that is problem. The guy is League one standard. He could possibly "do a job" at this level but never in this team.

It is nonsense that Mackail-Smith needs him! All the guy wants if for the back four, Greer in particular is guilty of this, to spot his run across and in behind the defenders. We don't need Paynter. Gus promised to build a team around Mackail-Smith and has since not acheived this. We need him out the team and a midfield five of:

.............................Bridcutt..............Dicker....................
Buckley.......................Vicente....................Noone

Only then will the goals arrive!

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Just mentioned in another thread: Has Paytner even had an attempt on goal yet??
He's fcuk all since he's been with us, he's won a few headers and that it...! Bring Barnes back in I say!

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Paynter is absolutely wank. End of!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here