Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Barbie

We all remember the girls at School playing with Barbies and boys had Action Man etc, not sure what it's like now, as I'm going back 25 years!

Anyway, just watched the new film 'Barbie', superb watch. Very eccentric but with some good messages in there about equality and women's rights whilst still keeping it lighthearted.

Well worth a watch. It was bloody funny too and whilst it would seem to be a girly film to go and see, plenty of chaps in there. Definitely a film for everyone.

It reminded me of a 'Magic Roundabout' style film where the filmmakers certainly may have been influenced by psychedelics. It had all of the toys and old school ads etc which was nostalgic from the tv ads. But to be used in I would say an adult themed film was quite surreal and the cast were all A listers and the soundtrack was epic. 8/10.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Have to say the Mrs took her younger sister last week as a treat, but she came back saying it’s one of the best films she’s watched in a while and that I should watch it to!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This reminds me, we really ought to have a Film thread, where we can discuss that years film releases.
In order to keep it current, perhaps we could start a new thread at the start of each year.

This reminds me, we really ought to have a Film thread, where we can discuss that years film releases.
In order to keep it current, perhaps we could start a new thread at the start of each year.
Does it really bother you that much? Christ some need to get out more on here. Many more important things to worry about then new threads. Honestly. Have never understood why goons get so annoyed by it. Harmless mistake if that what it is!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think I'll wait for the sequel 'Goodbye Barbie' to come out - or maybe even 'Carry on Barbie'..................................

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It upset Ben Shapiro a lot, so its alright by me :ROFLMAO:
Yes, I heard that. I haven't seen it and am very unlikely to see it. But I love it regardless.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Not for me, Clive.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yes, I heard that. I haven't seen it and am very unlikely to see it. But I love it regardless.
Curiosity has got the better on me.

What is funny is you can already see he has taken a political view point and is reviewing he film through it. His usual fixed view on everything.

Example: The film is crated for mum and their 6-9 year old daughters (i've only seen the trailer and it is obvious that this isn't the case. A PG 13 rating also throws out some hints :ROFLMAO: ).

He then points out a whole load of jokes and scenes with the outraged notion of 'remember this film is for children between 6 and 9). At some point surely the fact that you are noting all this content not aimed at young girls would make you think that maybe the film is more layered than that.

Also remember, if you like this movie, you only like it because of the politically correct content that is included in the film.

The video contains many things that poor Ben does not understand. These include:

- PG-13 ratings
- Cameos
- Other people's opinions.
- Jokes
- Absurdist filmmaking
- Fun

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Looking forward to seeing it. Mini-Exile used to watch a Barbie cartoon series that was quite subversive and with subtle humour more aimed at the adults watching with their kids. I used to enjoy that so reckon we'll enjoy the film together too.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
My mate Ken‘s wife has plastic tits and he said it’s shitehouse.
Mrs Bobkin went to see it last week and she genuinely DID think it was shitehouse!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
There ought to be a set of rules that everyone signs up to to prevent the establishment getting upset when someone starts a thread like this without checking if it warrants a new thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here