Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barber and the club have lost me as a customer today

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Not a problem limited to the Albion and the saddest part is with all the TV deals around there really is no need for prices to be anything north of £25 yet more and more money finds its ways into players and agents pockets and tickets continue to rise. Any price that stops anyone going to games is not a good thing and I really feel for a generation of kids and adults who are now getting priced out of supporting their team

ST continue to be excellent value IMO, and there are 22,000 of them sold for the forthcoming season.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Not sure if I'm gonna keep my season ticket, but if I do you'd be very welcome to have it for a game for £20 or whatever you can afford, especially if the game's on telly. Sorry if people have already offered, havenae read the entire thread

Downside is you'd have to sit next to me.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
ST continue to be excellent value IMO, and there are 22,000 of them sold for the forthcoming season.

They are and don't think the club could do anymore in that regard but not everyone has the time to commit to a ST and match day pricing up and down the country is spiralling out of control. It was not that long ago Ipswich were asking £45 a seat for away fans that is simply obscene. It would be great if football could remain something that is accessible as a one off treat for a family every now and then but it is now priced a unaffordable luxury for many.

If I did not have my ST I would not consider my match day priced ticket value for money.

We can all point to supply and demand, that our pricing is in line with other clubs etc etc but I cannot help but feel a little sad that attending a football match is becoming a luxury for the few when it should be for the many

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
They are and don't think the club could do anymore in that regard but not everyone has the time to commit to a ST and match day pricing up and down the country is spiralling out of control. It was not that long ago Ipswich were asking £45 a seat for away fans that is simply obscene. It would be great if football could remain something that is accessible as a one off treat for a family every now and then but it is now priced a unaffordable luxury for many.

We can all point to supply and demand, that our pricing is in line with other clubs etc etc but I cannot help but feel a little sad that attending a football match is becoming a luxury for the few when it should be the many

I understand your point of view, but if people attend a cat C match then it is still good value for money.

They will still be seeing a Premier League match, albeit a less glamourous one, but at a far lower price, but with a much greater chance of seeing an Albion victory to compensate.

If you go to the cinema, concert, theme park or any other family activity then prices are expensive.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Kids for £25 really is a p*sstake though, if true. And not in the club's long term interests

= a great strategy to prevent the very young seeing Albion games at the Amex, meaning many of the next generation get hooked again on Liverpool, Arsenal and ManU.

Deja vu, but this time due to the sheer cost to parents.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

If I did not have my ST I would not consider my match day priced ticket value for money.

We can all point to supply and demand, that our pricing is in line with other clubs etc etc but I cannot help but feel a little sad that attending a football match is becoming a luxury for the few when it should be for the many
Absolutely this - if your circumstances are such that you are able to attend most - if not all - of the home fixtures at The Amex - fine. If your circumstances, for whatever reason(s) (and there are myriads of valid ones) do not allow you to do this, you're in a much worse position, especially if you are only ever going to be able to attend occasionally.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There's very little more embarrassing on NSC than:-

'Something bad blame Barber - something good praise Tony'.

At the very best it's naive, but in reality it's ignorant and stupid.

:thumbsup:

Tones of 'heartless Spuds fan Barber, unilaterally ripping the beart out of the club, behind the back of the naive local nice guy Bloom'.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
= a great strategy to prevent the very young seeing Albion games at the Amex, meaning many of the next generation get hooked again on Liverpool, Arsenal and ManU.

Deja vu, but this time due to the sheer cost to parents.

But that is the price for a cat A game. There will always be those that can't afford new prices just as there are likely to be those that can. If a parent wants their kid to be an albion fan then get them to cat C games as often as possible. They still might end up being Arsenal fans but when are they ever going to see them if they baulk at £15 for an Amex ticket when the cheapest Arsenal ticket is more! For cat A games, for members, child price is £24 in lower tier and £32.50 in the upper. Problem is the accompany adult price is £64 and £84 respectively!!! (although fair to say Cat B and C seem better value!)

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Maybe the club could have applied say a fiver dicount to those fans who were a Bronze member? Would have taken the sting out of those Cat A games as would have been just an £8 increase and would have meant A's and B's would have been the same.

Could have been made nearly self financing by charging a small amount more for Bronze and coupled with the fact its a load of money upfront and no dount a much higher take up.

Kinda season ticket light........

Even the cost of bronze membership is cheap compared with similar schemes of other premier league clubs. Someone I know signed their kid up to the Palace equivalent and for a child it was £50, I think.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
those buggers -murrey,baldock,knockhart,hemed have a lot to answer for ffs!!!!!!!!!!
we jumped into bed with the devil--now we have to play his tune (I think theres a better one out there--but very tired)
our pricing is in line with others in this league, we will not lose the younger ones same as other clubs who cannot just magic up seats when they need to .
there were times you couldn't get in the withdean for love or MONEY..............blar blar

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Not being up on all of this, I take it that it is all about getting tickets for away games? Not that it affects me as I don't bother with away games these days ( haven't been to 1 in the last two years)

Have they changed the rules about home fa cup games? They are still your own ST seat first I assume?

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
It is a big ask to spend that money on football for a lot of people, so you aren't alone and it is unfortunate. Keep on following the Albion, be an armchair supporter by all means but to get your live footy fix my advice would be go and watch non league. The clubs are crying out for your pocket money and you can stand and have a beer on the terraces which is a good laugh if you can rope a buddy or 2 into going.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
If i wasn't a season ticket holder you wouldn't catch me paying more than £25 for a football match unless it was a final or a top fixture. I would simply watch it on tv/radio and eventually find something else to do with my time.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No because the feckin stupid email that the club sends out after each season calculating your distance travelled is usually inaccurate by a few thousand miles. :shrug:

Yes seemly I had travelled over 1500 miles from mile oak to Falmer and back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here