Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barber: 20,000 Season-Ticket Renewals for next season

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Given Direct Debit payers have until Thursday to cancel, this is all a little bit premature. They represent the bulk of our ST holders and, technically, they could all be phoning up the Amex tomorrow to cancel for next season.

Premature indeed. I thought Barber would keep shtum until the deadline had passed.

Good news on the pre-match options.

PG

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I don't know if I'll cancel or not yet - need to decide if I can afford the monthly DD

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! I can't get online to renew! I might not get a seat!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Nah, he's clearly lying, we'll be lucky to have 10K next season, didn't any of you read the diatrabe on here over the past few months since the Albion became shit and no-one wanted to go any more, no money to challenge for promotion, and anyway PIG and Ulloa will be going to Sunderland and it's going up in price by too much and it will be more expensive and Barber can **** off and the travel subsidy is ridiculous and the stewards and.....

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Most people will be on direct debit payments. They have until Thursday evening to cancel. I'm not doubting for a second that 1901ers + One off payer renewals + Direct Debit non-cancellers > 20,000. I also don't doubt that we will have over 20,000 next season.

But, right now, everyone on direct debit payments could phone up and cancel. They won't of course.

Ah ok, good. Extraordinary numbers again. Quite remarkable, as Mr Coleman would have said.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Does anyone have any idea what the proportion of lump sum payers is compared to those doing it by direct debit?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
How many of them 20,000 included the 3 or 4 thousand that don't turn up every game and just renew to keep the seat, for when we reach the prem( which we will, one season). Everyone that isn't blind knows when they crowd is announced at 27,000 there is only 23,000 in the ground.....So in effect we have lost 3,500 st holders. There will be many more upturned blue seats next season, that's for sure.....Unless of course we go up, which is still possible until it's not possible anymore. Then it will be full houses every week.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Nah, he's clearly lying, we'll be lucky to have 10K next season, didn't any of you read the diatrabe on here over the past few months since the Albion became shit and no-one wanted to go any more, no money to challenge for promotion, and anyway PIG and Ulloa will be going to Sunderland and it's going up in price by too much and it will be more expensive and Barber can **** off and the travel subsidy is ridiculous and the stewards and.....

The parking. Never, ever moan about anything on here without including the car parking.

D

Deleted member 22389

If 20,000+ season tickets have renewed that's brilliant news again. I honestly thought it was going to drop off for next season to more like 17,000 - 18,000
Didn't our rivals say our honeymoon period was over.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Given Direct Debit payers have until Thursday to cancel, this is all a little bit premature. They represent the bulk of our ST holders and, technically, they could all be phoning up the Amex tomorrow to cancel for next season.

Best hope we win tonight then :ohmy:

Ah! Everything falls into place now.

Here we have two mods of NSC, clearly itk with Barber and Oscar giving guidance to NSC users:

Barber has told Oscar to hold back on goal-scoring, doing just enough to keep us in contention for a play off spot, until tonight's game so that S/T holders are so enthused by the veritable goal fest we'll see tonight that those who were wavering about renewing jump on the website and on the phone lines first thing tomorrow. Barber's a devious sod, isn't he? Oscar, being the proud Catalan he is (is he?), has found it hard to follow Barber's orders, but has resorted to the code "I am very proud of my players". Code that clearly means "I am obsessed by attacking football but have been prohibited from playing men with pace from the kickoff because Barber only cares about the money".

Bozza, fearful that we wouldn't get the message from his post on this thread, constructed a poll earlier today asking how many goals we'll score tonight. That's very deceitful, since he's been told already it will be 5. That's why the poll stops at "more than 4".

Edna, being the Bozza lackey we all know she is, has been instructed by Bozza to provide further clues to the dastardly plot cooked up by Barber, Oscar and Bozza himself.

Mark my words - it'll be 5-0 to the Albion tonight and 25,000 S/T sales announced next Monday.

Kudos to Barber & Bozza. Barber IN. Bozza IN. Edna IN.

C'mon the Albion.

(I'll just go and have a little lie down now)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How many of them 20,000 included the 3 or 4 thousand that don't turn up every game and just renew to keep the seat, for when we reach the prem( which we will, one season). Everyone that isn't blind knows when they crowd is announced at 27,000 there is only 23,000 in the ground.....So in effect we have lost 3,500 st holders. There will be many more upturned blue seats next season, that's for sure.....Unless of course we go up, which is still possible until it's not possible anymore. Then it will be full houses every week.

We are always going to have a higher percentage of no-shows than other clubs at our level because of the number of season ticket holders we have. If people are buying a ticket for a specific game they are more likely to attend. If you have a season ticket, life will get in the way sometimes and you may not be able to pass the ticket on.

Of our quoted match day attendance, we must average something like...

85% season ticket holders (inc. 1901ers)
10% game by game purchasers
5% away fans

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Here we have two mods of NSC, clearly itk with Barber and Oscar giving guidance to NSC users:

I once made the mistake of calling Bozza a mod.

I won't do it again, put it that way.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Surprised that he's giving until Thursday to cancel for DD payers. To me, that sounds like they're worried about losing people at the end of the season if we don't get in the playoffs.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Even IF the numbers did drop significantly - which I don't think they will, give or take a few hundred at worst - the number of season ticket holders we have still amazes me.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Surprised that he's giving until Thursday to cancel for DD payers. To me, that sounds like they're worried about losing people at the end of the season if we don't get in the playoffs.

To me, that sounds like the same procedure all clubs do with their season ticket holders, as it's in the interests of the organisation- for planning purposes- to know at the earliest possible stage how much money is committed to the club.

There really is no need to think of it as some kind of dastardly scheme.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Apologies, I've been renewing but going to Withdean, I thought the atmosphere had decreased, just assumed it was the lack of STHs I was seeing there. Making it easier to get in The Sportsman though, although it's a bloody long walk from the new P & R drop off points so I've started parking on the street as they don't have any stewards about these days.

What is this Amex you speak of?

Seriously 20,000 + STHs is magnificent, in anyone's books, well done the club, the team and the supporters, could we please just nudge a little bit hearer the play offs?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here