Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barbecues - What's The Point

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Talking of Seagulls last year we were outside Macaris in Worthing and a seagull swooped and nicked a persons piece of fish they were holding to their mouth ready to eat.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
went for a cycle ride along the coast today and for the shoreham to worthing stretch followed the beach cycle path for the sea air..that was a mistake ...every 30 seconds i hit the smell of bbq smoke..the only gd bbq is one you r invited too

gravnast

Nov 13, 2012
What are you two whining about ? Barbecues are for real Men, It's fire and meat.

My Barbecue is my second favourite toy after my Chainsaw.

*edit* No wonder other clubs take the piss. I'm going to start a poll BBQ and Chainsaw vs Manbag and Hair straighteners

I'm with you, BBQ, beer and sun is close to heaven!

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
I like barbequeues. It's a healthy way of cooking, and as long as you wait until the flames die down before cooking, theres no reason for it to be black on the outside and pink in the middle.

Plus it means you can cook outside in the sun, instead of slaving away inside while everyone else is enjoying the weather :)

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It is also the greatest form of leftovers.

Invite people over, they all bring meat. I cook it and end up with vast leftovers for the week ahead.

Counting the meat I have to eat this week (from yesterday's BBQ remains), I have(all cooked):

7 large chicken thighs
4 thin steaks
2 rump steaks
5 sausages
6 burgers(homemade)
2 chicken legs
Half a rack of ribs.

I've done quite well of that!

Dr NBC

Former Insider
Apr 29, 2013
Mid Sussex
I know Weber sell whole chicken holders, but you don't get the flavour of the beer infused throughout the chicken like you do with an old-fashioned beer can. Or do you?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I know Weber sell whole chicken holders, but you don't get the flavour of the beer infused throughout the chicken like you do with an old-fashioned beer can. Or do you?

I don't know, you are supposed to as there's a tube bit to pour liquid in

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Stainl...73894345&sr=8-4&keywords=bbq+chicken+beer+can

Or can get a cheaper one that just has a space to fit a can in

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fox-Run-Ver...73894345&sr=8-3&keywords=bbq+chicken+beer+can

Or for weber fans http://www.amazon.co.uk/Weber-BBQ-G...73894345&sr=8-8&keywords=bbq+chicken+beer+can

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
If you have never had Gammon off the BBQ then I would dearly recommend it. Gammon is a heavenly food at the best of times and grilling it to the point of crispiness (not burning it is very important) is sumptuous.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I prefer the BBQ smell rather than actually eating the cremated bits of meat that it normally produces.

I had a BBQ last night and I didn't burn any meat at all. You just have to wait for the charcoal to be glowing, not flaming and put the grill well above the flame and leave lots of time for it to cook. Also, don't put too much charcoal in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here