Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Bangladesh

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
[MENTION=25]Gwylan[/MENTION] - Any others than this?

Not that I know of - Hutton was the obvious one and I'd guessed that Bradman must have done it at some point

I know that Hammond did it in 1933, but New Zealand didn't complete their second innings so that doesn't really count.

You've probably isolated all the instances - it's pretty rare

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A thread about cricket mis-matches seems as good as any...

In our game last Sunday, the opposition turned up with a Zimbabwean lad would came in at the end of their (already healthy) innings and smashed 32 from 13 balls. Copying up the scorebook after, see he's called Brighton Mugochi. A quick google reveals a (modest) first class career, and a recent stint at Hampshire 2nds.

A bit of an eye-opener regards the levels of the pros - this lad (thanks cricinfo) is a bowler, with a terrible batting record, and was still good enough to hit every ball as far as he felt like*.

* then got caught on the boundary, last ball of the innings, to give our 11 year-old debutant his first ever wicket in men's cricket :lol:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
A thread about cricket mis-matches seems as good as any...

In our game last Sunday, the opposition turned up with a Zimbabwean lad would came in at the end of their (already healthy) innings and smashed 32 from 13 balls. Copying up the scorebook after, see he's called Brighton Mugochi. A quick google reveals a (modest) first class career, and a recent stint at Hampshire 2nds.

A bit of an eye-opener regards the levels of the pros - this lad (thanks cricinfo) is a bowler, with a terrible batting record, and was still good enough to hit every ball as far as he felt like*.

* then got caught on the boundary, last ball of the innings, to give our 11 year-old debutant his first ever wicket in men's cricket :lol:

At University one of our pakistani lads turned up with a friend who was visiting, who it turned out had played a one-day international for Pakistan. He smashed 120 not out off 40-ish balls. In his ODI career he batted number 11. Different world.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
At University one of our pakistani lads turned up with a friend who was visiting, who it turned out had played a one-day international for Pakistan. He smashed 120 not out off 40-ish balls. In his ODI career he batted number 11. Different world.

I recall when Monty Panesar played for Bexhill in The SCL. He obviously did great things with the ball (17 wickets at 11.76 in 3 games) but also scored 2 half centuries with the bat going in at No.3

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here