Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Bangladesh v England ODI - Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Mirpur

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bangladesh 124-4 off 27.1 as I type.

England team...

Jason Roy
Phil Salt
Dawid Malan
James Vince
Jos Buttler(c)(wk)
Will Jacks
Moeen Ali
Chris Woakes
Adil Rashid
Mark Wood
Jofra Archer

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Have you suddenly discovered the joys of cricket Bozza? I can't remember you being on the threads before

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It’s probably possible for someone to have been in Wellington for the end of the test and Mirpur today. Be amazing if someone has, what a way to do a layover in the flight.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Have you suddenly discovered the joys of cricket Bozza? I can't remember you being on the threads before
I'm a big cricket fan - always have been - I just don't chip in very often.

I also didn't know this ODI was happening today until I heard it mentioned on the radio on the morning's dog walk, and I couldn't see the usual thread for it.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
It’s probably possible for someone to have been in Wellington for the end of the test and Mirpur today. Be amazing if someone has, what a way to do a layover in the flight.
I don't know anyone who's done that, but there are a few lads out here that have done Pakistan, South Africa, New Zealand without going home.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

I also didn't know this ODI was happening today until I heard it mentioned on the radio on the morning's dog walk, and I couldn't see the usual thread for it.
I didn't know it was happening until I saw this thread!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
So are the umpires checking if it bounced because that's a terrible call if they gave it not out on soft signal.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

These games haven't been mentioned much to be fair.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That LBW review is what VAR should look like for a tight offside call. The linesman's decision on field is key, there has to be a margin that eliminates doubt for that to be overturned.

Although that review suggested the ball was just clipping leg stump, it was not enough to overturn the on field decision. I feel VAR could really benefit for an approach that doesn't treat it's system as 100% accurate.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
That LBW review is what VAR should look like for a tight offside call. The linesman's decision on field is key, there has to be a margin that eliminates doubt for that to be overturned.

Although that review suggested the ball was just clipping leg stump, it was not enough to overturn the on field decision. I feel VAR could really benefit for an approach that doesn't treat it's system as 100% accurate.
Completely agree. It would get rid of the micro decisions that the offside law was put in place for.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Doesn’t even need to be that complicated - just use thicker lines when drawing them to create that margin.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That's a great ball really, 'have a go at this one it looks like a long hop' Jacks suckered into it right when the match was turning toward England.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Worst crowd banner ever:

'Taskin Ahmed has the attributes to become a top class fast bowler.'

I mean, FFS...just a weird thing to hold up in a crowd.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
They love an appeal or aggressive pleading if you prefer.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
What a rubbish review! 6 runs needed and they appeal for LBW when the ball was so leg side it was embarrassing. That really is bringing the system into disrepute.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
They are playing again and Phil Salt is out early again. Not too many chances left for him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here