Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bands who's first single was the best they ever did.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Neds Atomic Dustbin-Grey Cell Green

Officially part of an EP and their first release but i dare anyone to argue this wasnt their first unofficial single.

great stuff after but nothing matched this

Always sounds better on vinyl for some reason........i love vinyl

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Radar Love - Golden Earing.

Wasn't their first. It was preceded by several singles including "Dong Dong Diki Digi Dong"

Indeed. By the time Radar Love came out, they'd already released about 8 albums and had 16 (sixteen) top-10 singles in their native Netherlands, with two number ones (including the one mentioned above).

They still have the same line up they've had since 1970 and tour here every year...

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Tenpole tudor, everything after this went over produced and lost their raw sound.

One of my favourite and most over-played singles from that era.

A difficult one for the pedants though, as while technically this was the first 100% Tenpole Tudor effort, he had already had two songs that appeared on chart singles. His versions of Who Killed Bambi? and Rock Around the Clock from The Great Rock and Roll Swindle film were on the flip sides of the Sex Pistols' Silly Thing and the title song respectively.

In his defence, both those tunes are shit, and Real Fun is brilliant.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I think i have a corker.

Tears For Fears FIRST single was Suffer The Children-It did sod all-never even made the charts

my personal opinion it was their greatest single and worthy of an entry on here,they did great stuff after but this single rocks my Balls

whatever your view enjoy a nice tune.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here