Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bands from your youth that you have recently re-discovered?

Mattstrugnell

PC Beard's Stare
Jan 2, 2011
Cardiacs - On land and in the sea. I dug this tape out earlier this year and got addicted to it's many charms.

Absolutely my favourite band ever. Saw them at the Old Market in their last tour. Just superb.....shame Tim Smith is very poorly nowadays

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Me to, but love the stones now and have been listening to 'Black and Blue' for the past week. What Jazz funk were you into? for me it was 'Earth wind and fire' and 'Tower of Power'

Sorry mate been away watching bbc4. I was so into jazz funk the list is endless, but brit bands like light of the world, others like George Benson when he did the crossover stuff ,The Fatback Band, Alphonse Mouzon, but my all time fave is Maze featuring Frankie Beverley more funk than jazz but what a band.
Cant stop watching Brown Sugar from Top of The Pops on you tube great performance.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
bis
Kenickie
Helen Love
DexDexTer
Orlando
Disco Pistol

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I don't understand how you can 're-discover' bands from your past... you either still like them or never liked them in the first place? Personal opinion of course, but I did have a flash of someone saying the Only Ones, may sometimes forget such bands genius, but it ain't 're-discovering'.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I downloaded Janis Joplin with Big Brother and The Holding Company last week. Eat your heart out Joss Stone, I had not listened to Janis for years and had forgotten just how much I liked her music.

I've also rediscovered one of my favourite bands of my youth since watching a documentary on them - Jefferson Airplane

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
I don't understand how you can 're-discover' bands from your past... you either still like them or never liked them in the first place? Personal opinion of course, but I did have a flash of someone saying the Only Ones, may sometimes forget such bands genius, but it ain't 're-discovering'.

Agree with this. I have been listening to Skids, The Chords, Junior Murvin, Wah amongst others this week but i wouln not say that i had rediscovered them

cornish seagull

cornish seagull
Feb 25, 2011
cornwall
I downloaded Janis Joplin with Big Brother and The Holding Company last week. Eat your heart out Joss Stone, I had not listened to Janis for years and had forgotten just how much I liked her music.

I've also rediscovered one of my favourite bands of my youth since watching a documentary on them - Jefferson Airplane

Jefferson Airplane is going on tonight. Good call Icy Gull. When AW died last year my son was going on about how she was the best female singer in the history of music! great voice I admit but introduced him to Janis Joplin! no further discussion was needed.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Scraping Foetus Off The Wheel

had an album in the late 80's called ...
Nail, say what you mean and say it mean !!

Great album would love to hear it again !!!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Dont believe it just found them on You Tube ha ha ha !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here