Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Ban tax haven firms from coronavirus relief

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Not necessarily. Many employee people in this country, it is them I would be worried about. I would impose a condition, we provide relief (assuming meet others conditions) only on the basis that thy legally sign up to many years (20?) of basing themselves in the U.K. otherwise, nah

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
agree and im making the point about the practical implications, not supporting companies avoid tax. tax by turnover will be applied to all. previous times it was thought unfair to tax profits where goods are sold, when effort to produce is elsewhere.

I do agree that it's bloody difficult to tackle, almost impossible unilaterally. Even the might of the EU hasn't achieved it, with some key member states doing rather nicely out of the tax scam - them gaining with employment and huge sums in employment taxes reaching their state coffers.

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
Possibly the most odious individual ever to set foot on the planet. Tricky Dicky, the champion of zero hours contracts has the audacity to seek a government bailout for his airline, who's profits have been decimated by the pandemic. Somewhat ironical, as it's unlikely that he has paid more in corporation tax over the years than any one of us has paid in income tax. While he's busy sunning himself on his caribbean island, Necker, firing lawsuits against his healthcare business' greatest competitor, the NHS, NHS workers lacking PPE are routinely exposed to a deadly virus, and risk their lives in the line of duty. My heart bleeds for the world's greatest self publicist

Really, Binney?!!!

If I had time, I'd tell you about this Austrian geezer, ....had a funny little Charlie Chaplin moustache, I heard about him when I was at school.
Google him, - Adolf something....
It was in all the papers.

Jan 30, 2008
Really, Binney?!!!

If I had time, I'd tell you about this Austrian geezer, ....had a funny little Charlie Chaplin moustache, I heard about him when I was at school.
Google him, - Adolf something....
It was in all the papers.

30th April ring any bells ?
Regards
DF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here