Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baltimore Is Burning

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Two massive problems in American culture today is police brutality and racism. It is unsurprising that it is finally manifesting itself like this - in fact, we should probably expect more of the same.

One has to imagine how terrifying it must be to be a black youth in the States. I also don't know how the Black communities haven't formed any form of groups for self-protection outside gangs. I mean, how long can you take being murdered before you finally snap?

I for one would not be surprised of retaliatory attacks.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Baltimore is looking more like Croydon every day.

Even their local football team looks familliar.

Crystal_Palace_FC_USA.png

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Just awaiting the appearance of Omar Little.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Rioting scumbags picking on innocent people, no sympathy,.

Freddie Gray's arrest record:

3-20-15 - dealing cocaine
8-28-08 - possession of narcotics
10-5-12 - illegal gambling
1-25-14 - possession of narcotics over 10 grams
8-24-07 - manufacturing and distribution of narcotics
8-29-07 - distribution of narcotics
9-16-08 - distribution of narcotics
4-16-08 - distribution of narcotics
5-9-12 - distribution of narcotics
1-4-15 - distribution of narcotics
12-31-14 - distribution of narcotics
5-13-14 - stolen property
7-16-08 - distribution of narcotics
3-28-08 - possession of narcotics
2-12-08 - distribution of narcotics
9-29-13 distribution of narcotics
12-4-14 - distribution of narcotics
12-4-14 - possession of narcotics
3-20-08 - Burglary
3-20-08 - possession of narcotics
9-21-07 - distribution of narcotics
4-30-08 - unlawful possession (TWO COUNTS)

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Rioting scumbags picking on innocent people, no sympathy,.

Freddie Gray's arrest record:

3-20-15 - dealing cocaine
8-28-08 - possession of narcotics
10-5-12 - illegal gambling
1-25-14 - possession of narcotics over 10 grams
8-24-07 - manufacturing and distribution of narcotics
8-29-07 - distribution of narcotics
9-16-08 - distribution of narcotics
4-16-08 - distribution of narcotics
5-9-12 - distribution of narcotics
1-4-15 - distribution of narcotics
12-31-14 - distribution of narcotics
5-13-14 - stolen property
7-16-08 - distribution of narcotics
3-28-08 - possession of narcotics
2-12-08 - distribution of narcotics
9-29-13 distribution of narcotics
12-4-14 - distribution of narcotics
12-4-14 - possession of narcotics
3-20-08 - Burglary
3-20-08 - possession of narcotics
9-21-07 - distribution of narcotics
4-30-08 - unlawful possession (TWO COUNTS)

Those crimes did not justify his death, even if a poorly executed accident.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
nicking gear isn't exactly showing much respect to the lad that got killed is it

Dec 15, 2014
Here
nicking gear isn't exactly showing much respect to the lad that got killed is it

Your deflecting. My point was not to show respect for Freddie but to point out his arrest record was listed without having any point except to degrade the individual who was killed. There are some on here that would believe that every one of those arrests were legit and justified. That can not be taken for granted.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
The White Sox & Orioles will be playing their baseball game tonight, in about 3 hours, with no fans in the ballpark per the White Sox media people.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/12101...y-in-private-weekend-games-moved-to-tampa-bay

I was glad to hear the reporter say that "what is going on here is much bigger than baseball"
Sometimes we don't get things into perspective (try listening to Durham and Gough on TalkSport for example)

Hard to imagine anything like this happening in the UK

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Then what point is there to list Freddie Gray's arrest record? Don't all arrested suspects deserve the same safe treatment while under arrest?

How do you know he was't treated well and what has that got to do with what i originally said? Rioting scumbags picking on innocent people, no sympathy,.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
How do you know he was't treated well and what has that got to do with what i originally said? Rioting scumbags picking on innocent people, no sympathy,.

This happened to Freddie while in police custody. I'm asking why it was necessary to post his police record. I did not comment about the protesters/rioters/"scumbags."

On April 12, 2015, Freddie Gray, a 25-year-old African American, was taken into custody by the Baltimore Police Department for possession of a switchblade. While being transported, Gray fell into a coma and was taken to a trauma center, where it was determined that he had suffered injuries to his spinal cord and larynx. Despite extensive surgery in an attempt to save his life, Gray died on April 19, 2015.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
I'm actually looking forward to watching that game without fans on the telly in the hotel bar. I imagine the players' dugouts will be loud and extremely passionate just to keep the players from losing any motivation. One detective said it's not new for the Sox to play in front of "no fans."

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Agree, having their first black President doesn't seem to have eliminated the problem, but must also add that there also plenty of white people killed by American police every year too.

And the vast majority of blacks killed are killed by other blacks.

But they won't protest or riot to end that.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
And the vast majority of blacks killed are killed by other blacks.

But they won't protest or riot to end that.

The police patrolmen in Chicago are, in general, being more careful with all individuals that they interact with during the performance of their duties. This is for the most part a good thing although it does make a difficult job harder to do.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
This happened to Freddie while in police custody. I'm asking why it was necessary to post his police record. I did not comment about the protesters/rioters/"scumbags."

No but I did, if your going to take issue with what I post reference what I said not what you think the issue is really about. I'm not responsible for your lack of comprehension.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here