[Football] Bale - WTF?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Wales.
Golf.
Hairstyle.
Madrid.
Putting in a shift on a cold January night at the Amex.

In that order.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Just counting down the days till the golf courses are open again, by the look of that performance tonight

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
He’s not far off earning more than our starting 11 combined I suspect.

Didn’t look bothered at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
51nSRR9D7FL._AC_.jpg

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
When you take it outside the context of football, Bale should be ashamed of strolling about like that for 60 minutes a week when you consider what his >£2m / month could be spent on at this time.

He’s a disgrace.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
In. Webster's. Pocket.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
That was Leon Best or Liam Dickinson levels of disinterest. If he were our player I'd be furious. But he's not, so **** 'em

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Question. Would anyone here swap, say, Bissouma or Mac Allister for Bale?

I think no.

Totally correct.

But if he was a bench option for us, and Potter was to get the best out of him after a few weeks, then it's a yes to coming off the bench and doing a stint as he's still got class in there somewhere.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Bale was clearly impressed by our players and style of play and disillusioned with his own team mates and club.
He spent most of the game wishing he was a Brighton player.
That's how I interpreted his behaviour anyway.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I thought he was doing ok, till Ali Mac stuck a sombrero over him, got disheartened after that. According to Jose though, the whole team was needing a hug, not just Bale, and to be fair, why should he be bothered when the rest of the team isn't?
I really rate Son and Moura, but neither of them showed anything of merit tonight, but they will again soon, so I wouldn't write off Bale just on tonights performance.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Think Jose was pretty pee'd off with him and commented several times how much better they tried with 30 mins to go (around that Bale got subbed!)

As has already been pointed out, Son also looked below par and we know how good he is. I think Jose got his shape and tactics wrong against our midfield 3 and his front players were left adrift. No doubt Bale is not the player he was but not trying, more outplayed by us I reckon

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here