Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baldock - worst signing since when?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
No one seems to be bouncing this now.

Still think he wasn't worth he money if we only intended to play him wide. As one of two up front then fine I can see he might have something to offer, but the player himself questions why he was signed to play out wide you have to wonder if £2m could have been better spent on an actual winger.

Let's hope he proves me wrong next season but this season has been a no no for him.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Good bounce. And yes a waste of money still. So he had a couple of good games. Lets be clear he misses far too many chances and he was TWO MILLION quid.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Lets be clear he misses far too many chances and he was TWO MILLION quid.

Don't disagree with the point about the money spent. But strikers who miss chances are always better than those who never get in the right positions. The classic case of this was Ashley Barnes. Lets be optimistic about Sam Baldock. He has a very good attitude and should do much better next season.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Don't disagree with the point about the money spent. But strikers who miss chances are always better than those who never get in the right positions. The classic case of this was Ashley Barnes. Lets be optimistic about Sam Baldock. He has a very good attitude and should do much better next season.
Sam is very quick over the first 20m and has impressed in small part. But when I see him play he doesn't appear to communicate with other players very well and at times seems disinterested. Maybe he was promised something when he signed but other things have emerged. If you leave it late to buy you have to take whats left and pay an inflated price. We exposed ourselves by not buying early and agents clearly saw our desperate situation and made the most of it. Lets hope the club is smarter with I money this summer!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here