Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Balanced View

j2eeman

Feb 4, 2013
I just wanted to add a little perspective to some of the posts both prior to and after the result on Saturday.

Firstly I would like to say that I think BHA are a decent club that play some lovely football at times and as a neutral I thoroughly enjoyed watching the recent FA Cup games against Newcastle and Arsenal.

Secondly I think respect is due to the BHA fans that travelled to the game on Saturday, we are all in the middle of tough financial times and your support today was a fair showing given the distance.

Now then, with regard to the Massive thing, it genuinely was a tongue in cheek joke directed at our local rivals and to be honest the majority of Wednesday fans (I talk to) wish that the tag would stop being used.

I for one recognise that history counts for little, but as a club we have enjoyed some good times (in recent history, early 90's) where cup finals and a European football seemed a regular thing.

I have had a season ticket at Hillsborough since 1976 and I watch Wednesday up and down the country (cash, work and family commitments allowing), I have been to the likes of Bury, Stockport etc (no disrespect intended) and equally away to Liverpool, Chelsea, Manc's etc) I even remember a cold night in October at the Goldstone ground where we managed to get a good 0-4 win.

That nights the attendance was just over 10K which goes to show how far you guys have come, sitting nicely on top of the attendance table for the Championship (you were last time I looked anyway)

With regard to Dave Jones I suggest you read his book or at least be clear on the facts, this man had his life turned upside down by failings in our own society, so anything directed at him from the terraces is simply wrong, remember his family (that went through hell) have to sit and listen to the comments, so the opinion I pay my entrance money so I can say what I want is just infantile at best.

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season, I hope I don't get abused too much for posting on your board and also hope that you don't let your opinions of Owls fans be swayed by the ill advised comments of one or two (both sides by the way, some crazy statements some quite funny).

UTO

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Cheers

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Coming out of the ground, most Wednesday fans seemed to be fairly complimentary about the Brighton brand of football. As usual a few big mouths have come on here and given a different impression. I didn't hear anything directed at Dave Jones and others have said the same, so again we are talking about a few small minded folk. This was my first visit to Hillsborough. I think it makes a great contrast to our own modern masterpiece. A few home comforts traded for a real sense of history, seems a fair swap and a couple of pre-match pints in Kelham Island, certainly added to the occasion. There is a good chance I will be back next season, as we have to break that Hillsborough hoodoo some time.

j2eeman

Feb 4, 2013
I know I am biased but I do prefer the old ground style and on the rare occasion we do manage to fill the ground (even 22K on Saturday the ground looked empty) it can be one of the best atmospheres there is, just doesn't happen often enough.

I guess a little real ale in Kelham island is a nice lead up to a game for sure.

With 4 (winnable) home games to come in the next 5 I am sure you will get the points you need to push on up the table, really would appreciate it if you bead Huddersfield (help us out no end)

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I know I am biased but I do prefer the old ground style and on the rare occasion we do manage to fill the ground (even 22K on Saturday the ground looked empty) it can be one of the best atmospheres there is, just doesn't happen often enough.

I guess a little real ale in Kelham island is a nice lead up to a game for sure.

With 4 (winnable) home games to come in the next 5 I am sure you will get the points you need to push on up the table, really would appreciate it if you bead Huddersfield (help us out no end)

If you want atmosphere, I suggest you start by getting rid of the band. Boy are they crap.

j2eeman

Feb 4, 2013
I agree to some extent, never really been a fan of the band and certainly (as with most clubs) the atmosphere away from home is always better.

I think any lack of atmosphere at Hillsborough is due to the size of the ground holding 40K people and when like Saturday 22K attend it leaves a lot of empty spaces.

I would like to see the ground reduced in capacity and see more corporate boxes like in the South stand (the one on your right from the away end) going all the way around the ground.

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359992557.821263.jpg

j2eeman

Feb 4, 2013
Those pillars are shocking to be fair, I have never sat in the away end but I am told its one of the best views in the ground!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here