Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Baku Grand Prix

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Quality race.

Not sure who exactly is to blame at Red Bull but was always going to happen....think the move wasn't there for Riccardo

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Can't agree,

Ricardo was 10mph quicker down the straight with the help of DRS.
He moved to the right, so did Max, so DR moved to the left - and at that point there was room for him to pass through on the left.
But Max did a second change of direction [dangerous and not allowed] such there was no longer room for DR.
With the speed difference and the lack of down-force DR was now on a collision course, not of his making.

Interestingly, there were 3 earlier skirmishes between the two of them and on all 3, DR left enough room for Max and on 1 of them Max still banged wheels.

Max has the block at all costs - racer - mind-set. He was renowned for his straight-line weaving in F2. He needs to be reminded of that old racer's mantra:
To finish first, first you have to finish ....

He reminds me of Lewis in his early years.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can't agree,

Ricardo was 10mph quicker down the straight with the help of DRS.
He moved to the right, so did Max, so DR moved to the left - and at that point there was room for him to pass through on the left.
But Max did a second change of direction [dangerous and not allowed] such there was no longer room for DR.
With the speed difference and the lack of down-force DR was now on a collision course, not of his making.

Interestingly, there were 3 earlier skirmishes between the two of them and on all 3, DR left enough room for Max and on 1 of them Max still banged wheels.

Max has the block at all costs - racer - mind-set. He was renowned for his straight-line weaving in F2. He needs to be reminded of that old racer's mantra:
To finish first, first you have to finish ....

He reminds me of Lewis in his early years.

I'm with you, Max caused that accident by moving across the track twice trying to stop Ricciardo overtaking him...it worked too but not in a good way. Thrilling racing between the two of them prior to that, it was almost inevitable that it was going to end badly. Good point about Hamilton, he is much more circumspect and patient these days but he could be a loose cannon when he was younger.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That was the best F1 race I've watched in many a year. Thrills and spills a-plenty.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Totally agree. Is it just me or is Ricciardo clearly a far superior driver to Verstappen, despite all the media fuss about the latter?

For me, Ricciardo is one of the elite drivers and possibly the only one on the grid in the Hamilton/Alonso category.

Did you deliberately miss out Vettel from your elite drivers? When he was at Red Bull I had my doubts about him but over the last couple of seasons I have changed my mind, he is up there with Alonso and Hamilton.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Did you deliberately miss out Vettel from your elite drivers? When he was at Red Bull I had my doubts about him but over the last couple of seasons I have changed my mind, he is up there with Alonso and Hamilton.

Through gritted teeth, I have to agree.
Can't stand the arrogant kraut but he is a very good F1 driver.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Ricciardio kicked Vettel's arse at Red Bull

as it stands,he's probably the best all round package on the grid

Verstappen is very unlucky to have him as a team mate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here