Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Baffled by the dishwasher

Something that intrigues me is that when I set ours off it displays the minutes until the wash finishes and these always vary. This makes me wonder it there is a little dish washer android incorporated into the device that counts the items within, reviews their level of dirtinness and calculates how long the cycle needs to be.

Any dishwasher enthusiasts on here who can enlighten me? Should I get out more??

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Something that intrigues me is that when I set ours off it displays the minutes until the wash finishes and these always vary. This makes me wonder it there is a little dish washer android incorporated into the device that counts the items within, reviews their level of dirtinness and calculates how long the cycle needs to be.

Any dishwasher enthusiasts on here who can enlighten me? Should I get out more??
My bowl and sponge don't have a timer so I can't help.
Sorry!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Auto sensor inside innit?

dishwasher-cat.gif

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
It will have a turbidity sensor.
This means it will analyse the clarity of the water to determine how hard it thinks it needs to work to get the dishes clean.
The turbidity sensor will also have a negative temperature coefficient sensor that will read the starting temperature of the water and adjusts the heating time accordingly.

So there ya go

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
My bafflement is caused by the fact mine beeps very loudly 6 times on completion. Who ever asked for this?

This means it will analyse the clarity of the water to determine how hard it thinks it needs to work to get the dishes clean.
The turbidity sensor will also have a negative temperature coefficient sensor that will read the starting temperature of the water and adjusts the heating time accordingly.

So there ya go
Remarkable - thanks for enlightening me !

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
My bafflement is caused by the fact mine beeps very loudly 6 times on completion. Who ever asked for this?
My new, built-in one pops open when it's finished. The first time it did it I was stood by it and my first thought was "oh bugger, it's broken"

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
THats nothing, our washing machine has been cross bred with the Casio kid. f***ing racket. At the end of every cycle.

Thankfully I build a laundry last year and they're all hidden in their on little room with a thick door on the front!

our washidisher has a similar randomisation device for timing As well as cracking its door open upon completion of a cycle

Last edited:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008

So there ya go
Makes you wonder if those automatic Japanese khazis have a similar gizmo that determines how long the flush should be after a dump ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

So there ya go
Is a turbidity sensor a bullshit detector for posh people?

Last edited:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I can write programmes on my laptop for my accounts. Designed my own website from scratch. My house is fully automated with Alexa for lights & heating.
But my dishwasher has 6 options, all of which baffle me and my washing maching needs a PhD of something. It has 6 buttons and each button has 5 options. What on earth do they all mean?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here