Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bad luck MK Dons

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
They've signed the poisoned dwarf I see...

MK Dons sign Swans striker Knight

Milton Keynes Dons have clinched the signing of Swansea striker Leon Knight for an undisclosed fee.

The 24-year-old has agreed an 18-month contract with the Dons, with the option of a further year.

The former Brighton striker scored 19 goals in 35 appearances for the Swans before falling out of favour with boss Kenny Jackett earlier this season.

Knight was put on the transfer list in October, with Jackett complaining that the striker did not work hard enough.

But after both the club and the player aired their grievances in the media, Swansea have tried to bring the matter to a close.

"A lot has been said between Leon and Swansea over recent months, but now is the time for everyone to move on," read a club statement.

"Rather than look to blame any particular party in this event, we need to draw a line under the whole affair and move on.

I am looking forward to working with Leon because he's an interesting character

MK Dons boss Martin Allen

"Unfortunately, as in life, things don't always work out as planned and we wish Leon all the best at his new club."

Knight spent an unsuccessful nine game period on loan at Barnsley, but Dons boss Martin Allen said he was convinced the striker could offer a lot to his club.

"Leon has an eye for goal, he's quick and experienced and is someone I've had my eye on for a while," said Allen.

"I am looking forward to working with him because he's an interesting character.

"But there is no doubt in my mind that we will have some good times together and he will do very well for this club."

Meanwhile, Allen has accepted a transfer request from former Wolves and Crystal Palace defender Jamie Smith, 32.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/wimbledon/6290487.stm

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
am looking forward to working with him because he's an interesting character.

"But there is no doubt in my mind that we will have some good times together and he will do very well for this club."

I bet they have more bad times than good ones

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
:lolol:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Triple fixtures. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here