Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Bacon.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
It is against god and offensive on this holy day

Leviticus 11 :: NIV. You may eat any animal that has a split hoof completely divided and that chews the cud. ... And the pig, though it has a split hoof completely divided, does not chew the cud; it is unclean for you. You must not eat their meat or touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you.

Leviticus 11 ::

Smoked or unsmoked?

Pickles

May 5, 2014
It is against god and offensive on this holy day

Leviticus 11 :: NIV. You may eat any animal that has a split hoof completely divided and that chews the cud. ... And the pig, though it has a split hoof completely divided, does not chew the cud; it is unclean for you. You must not eat their meat or touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you.

Leviticus 11 ::

Does it bring you out in rashers?

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Not sure but he also mentions it in Romans. Deuteronomy,Timothy,Mathew , Mark and Cori thians so i guess he was prettyserious about it, any christians on this thread could be going to hell

They were all ahead of their time - apparently too much processed meat isn’t good for you. But I’m having trouble persuading my youngest son about that and I don’t set a good example.........because bacon smells and tastes sooooo good.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It'll be rude not too:-

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Not sure but he also mentions it in Romans. Deuteronomy,Timothy,Mathew , Mark and Cori thians so i guess he was prettyserious about it, any christians on this thread could be going to hell

Nah mate, us Christians can dig on swine no prob. We overhauled the menu in the NT.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
My favourite is unsmoked back cooked medium rare, but have to settle for smoked as no one here does unsmoked and when you ask you just get a look of derission as a result.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I didnt realise you could only like one type. Depends what you are using it for, Streaky smoked in a club sandwich. unsmoked medallion with my eggs, streaky unsmoked if i am using it as a cut up ingredient.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
So you cherry pick the bits you like from the bible?

Pigs are more intelligent than dogs but you be upset if i ate a dog, wierd

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Nah mate, us Christians can dig on swine no prob. We overhauled the menu in the NT. [MENTION=11930]bob[/MENTION]nweave

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Nah mate, us Christians can dig on swine no prob. We overhauled the menu in the NT. [MENTION=11930]bob[/MENTION]nweave

Cherry pick? I think you'll find the NT changed the game a bit. You know, Christians and Jews, the acceptance of JC as Christ, that sort of thing.

What evidence do you have to support your 'animal intelligence' theory, sounds a bit random/flakey.

Why would you assume I would be upset if you ate a dog? Strange fella.

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
Cherry pick? I think you'll find the NT changed the game a bit. You know, Christians and Jews, the acceptance of JC as Christ, that sort of thing.

What evidence do you have to support your 'animal intelligence' theory, sounds a bit random/flakey.

Why would you assume I would be upset if you ate a dog? Strange fella.

Probably depends whose dog he ate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here