Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Back in the Goldstone days

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
I also remember we used to applaud the away goalkeeper as he ran towards us and as soon as he applauded back he would be welcomed with the internationally known handshandy gesture from everyone

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My favourite would be the simple post goal 'let's go f***ing mental'

Good times

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've mentioned it before but why did every club in the 80s sing
Here we go , here we go , here we go
Here we go , here we go , here we go
Here we go , here we go , here we go, here we go
HERE WE GO !!!!!

Sung yesterday with the words changed to "Spanish Dave" :lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Patrolling the cinder track, looking for trouble makers amongst the swaying 10,000.

Those were the days.

Ahh, the cinder track. You don't even have them nowadays.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Shouts of 'Salami, Salami!' which turned into a peparami snack throwing extravaganza at Fratton Park with the Albion chanting 'Oh David Ike, is of his bike'..... Good times!

Feb 14, 2010
I also remember we used to applaud the away goalkeeper as he ran towards us and as soon as he applauded back he would be welcomed with the internationally known handshandy gesture from everyone

Yep, this was my favourite ritual. It took the piss out of the patronising Kop at Anfield and the grovelling press commentary of them. The look of surprise on the goal keepers face was often priceless. Oh for the days of humour in the atmosphere created by the fans instead of over the top "passion" created by some tool of a DJ and some poxy Amercan style pom pom girls

Feb 14, 2010
Shouts of 'Salami, Salami!' which turned into a peparami snack throwing extravaganza at Fratton Park with the Albion chanting 'Oh David Ike, is of his bike'..... Good times!

"Oh David Ike, he's off his bike, the son of god in a turquoise track suit, oh David Ike he's off his bike" . Always made me laugh but again some modern day football fans wouldn't like it because it doesn't "support the players".. as if our entire existence is to worship the playing staff

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Forgot about that one, but that was great back in the day when coppers were inside the ground
It was whistled in The Falcon at Clapham before the Palace game,a s the coppers wandered around inside, they did have a laugh about it though and commented that they hadn't heard it for years !

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
My old man said.........
We all follow the albion........
Weel will see you all outside....
your gonna get...........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here