Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Back from the game, player ratings etc

questier

Apr 16, 2006
Cambridgeshire/Liverpool
Listening to the radio on the way home, I thought the pundits put us down a bit, saying Forest did everything but score. In the first few minutes Forster should of put us 1-0 up and then we had a couple of other chances (Murray and Elphick.) What was most pleasing was that we actually played football today, we wernt scared to pass it around instead of elphick and lynch launching it forward for forster to run on to. Therry Racon was fantastic today, along with Kuipers. And dean cox looked like a different player.
Well done Dean :clap:

Kuipers 9
Hart 8
Elphick 7
Lynch 7
Mayo 7
Cox 8
Thompson 7
Racon 9
Martot 7
Forster 7
Murray 6

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
To be fair that was the way the radio commentry came across during the game, didn't their keeper only make one save? Good to hear that we played football, fingers crossed we can keep grinding out results and get to the play-offs.

questier

Apr 16, 2006
Cambridgeshire/Liverpool
Yeh in the second half I cant remember their keeper being forced into making a save, but our first half performance was very encouraging, and i was really impressed with harty and mayo today

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Difficult to choose a MoM today, FDM was fantastic, both centre halves must have doubled their values if any scouts were watching, Racon oozed class and Cox was buzzing like he was last season.

A great day out, and the support was immense. Having said that, HOW the late shot from Forest that hit the inside of the post failed to end up in the net is beyond the laws of physics, but it would have been a transvestite of justice if we had lost, draw was a fair result.

I thought Thomson and Murray both looked knackered, Andy Whing was sitting with us in the stand, if you are ginger, growing a BEARD does not help the situation Andy!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
5 Live said we were worthy of a point.

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
all i can add is it was 10/10 team and crowd performance

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But sadly, probably for Charlton's future :nono:

Let's enjoy him while we can then. Maybe we can get him on loan again next season?

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
i admit that i dont go very often and today was the first time i have seen Murray play....i didnt rate him at all...kuipers and racon were absolutely fantastic and the other guys did really well too...definitely worthy of a point

Lucky_C

Dec 15, 2006
Not Brighton, sadly.
To be honest, I'm glad for the point. I've just got back and thought Forest ran the second half. If we'd taken our chances it may have been a different story, but some of the players just seemed scared to take a shot.

That said, Kuipers put in a superb performance, Cox & Racon were brilliant in midfield and Elphick had a great game. Good atmosphere from the crowd, and a great first half performance from the lads. Not sure the substitutions helped though - can't remember any impact Loft had.

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
what i couldn't understand was when we had that last free-kick in the last minite why the hell did we go for the corner flag it was begging for a good cross and guy butters to head it in the back of the net i was very disappointed with that

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Oh, and my ratings:

Michel 9 - fan-f***ing-tastic, long live the king.
Hart 6 - did all we could ask of him.
Elphick 7 - not perfect by any means, but he put his body on the line.
Lynch 8 - class, I'm a big fan.
Mayo 6 - he's no Richards, but didn't let us down.
Cox 9 - fantastic, best outfield player on the pitch for an hour.
Thomson 7 - very solid and got forward, just one silly mistake giving the ball away.
Racon 8 - adds a touch of quality, I like him.
Martot 6 - didn't do a lot, but was solid defensively.
Forster 7 - lively first half, and still most likely to score in the second.
Murray 6 - a bit quiet.

A very good assessment, would give the support 9 and the ref 4 as well.

Subs

Loft 5, ran about a lot, but needs to work on positioning
Robinson 5, knocked off the ball too easily
Butters , only on for a minute, he was about to score in the 93rd minute from a header from a Martot free kick in the far corner, but for some weird reason we decided to act like a bunch of fannies and try to keep possession next to the corner flag, so opportunity lost.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Kuipers 9
Hart 7
Elphick 7
Lynch 9
Mayo 5
Cox 8
Thompson 7
Racon 9
Martot 7
Forster 7
Murray 6

Subs
Loft 4
Robinson 5
Butters

I thought Kuipers, Lynch and Racon were all outstanding. Kuipers was inspired today - made two or three superb saves, some great catches and generally bossed the area. The only criticism I have of Racon is that he occasionally lost the ball in dangerous places when bringing it out of defence. He is quality, tho...

A couple of strange substiutions I thought. Can't really understanding taking Forster off for Robinson, when we still need a bit of physical presence up front. And Doug Loft? What does he bring to the team exactly? I've never really seen him do anything - like, ever. All he did when he came on is give the ball away and make some wayward passes.

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
just watching sky sports news....didnt realise Wilkins got sent from the dug out for taking action over the multi ball system !

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Kuipers - 9 - immense today, 3 world class saves
Hart - 7 - good strong performance, could be a good sub at Leeds if required
Elphick - 8 - didn't allow the Forest strikers a way through, cleared the majority of what needed to be, job done
Lynch - 8 - ditto Elphick
Mayo - 7 - good performance defensive wise, really needs to improve his passing though
Thomson - 4 - kept giving the ball away un-necessarily in our half, could have cost us
Martot - 5 - a few good runs in the first-half, anonymous in the second
Racon - 9 - gem of a player, great tackles and tracking back
Cox - 9 - sublime, ran the show, creative and lively, hope he's like that for the remainder of the season
Forster - 7 - good effort, chasing everything down, trying to provide, but how he missed I will never understand
Murray - 5 - first-time I've seen him, and first thoughts are he isn't worth what we paid for him

Loft - 5 - Dougie Loft football genius sums it up really
Robinson - bit of a strange substitution I think really, why take Forster off, he didn't seem to be knackered

Albion fans - 9 - best atmosphere for a while, great vocal support, but one thing why did the left side not sing-a-long with the right-side, the right-side started a chant only for it to be drowned out from the left-side by something completly different

Referee - was obviously a Forest fan

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here