Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Back by popular demand, here is the 1901 Club Food Photo

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It looks fine to me, maybe not £14's worth but good honest scoff. Add Brown sauce and it's a taste sensation.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I enjoy these threads! I really struggle to see how that is justified.

£14 at the AMEX, would be about sometyhing I would normally pay £8-10 for in town.

They wouldnt even serve that up in our works canteen, people simpley wouldnt pay for it. But I seriously doubt they are trying now and will wait until the end of the season to boot everyone out of 1901.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Brighton Station pre match. Marks and Spencers. 1 Egg sandwich and 1 Chicken and Mayo. Total cost £3.25. Nice and tasty and consumed on the train.

Its the way forward.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I enjoy these threads! I really struggle to see how that is justified.

£14 at the AMEX, would be about sometyhing I would normally pay £8-10 for in town.

They wouldnt even serve that up in our works canteen, people simpley wouldnt pay for it. But I seriously doubt they are trying now and will wait until the end of the season to boot everyone out of 1901.

I tell you what though. Twice now I have been hungover on a Sunday morning and twice I have though I'd easily hand over £14 for some of the starch/carb slop which appears in my threads. They are selling this to the wrong audience. They should set up a mobile Hangover Ambulance to drive around Brighton dishing this stuff out to middle-aged types like me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

GeorgeBTN

Sep 1, 2013
I was looking for a thread about the catering in the 1901 Club but couldn't find anything. Is there one somewhere? I know it's the football that is important but at the same time I don't want to be ripped off when I buy food. I do tend to arrive early to a match so I can buy a meal and have a drink. The new menu for the Doncaster match in the 1901 Club (East Stand) now includes a hot roast. This is going to cost £32.50 + VAT per head which is just about £40. Does anyone else think this is unreasonable? By mistake this week I was sent the details of the dining in the Gold Lounges (1901 Club) as well as the Platinum Lounges (1901 Club). One thing I never realised is that if you are a Gold member the casual dining is significantly cheaper! Fish and Chips cost £7 and if you order two it's £13. The equivalent meal in the 1901 Platinum Lounge (Burger & Chips) costs £12. I really don't understand this price difference. Am I missing something?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Tomorrow is the first game that they're trialling those prices. Previously, it's been the same price as in the platinum lounges. My assumption is that the portion size will be correspondingly smaller. Until I see it, I don't know though.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
I was looking for a thread about the catering in the 1901 Club but couldn't find anything. Is there one somewhere? I know it's the football that is important but at the same time I don't want to be ripped off when I buy food. I do tend to arrive early to a match so I can buy a meal and have a drink. The new menu for the Doncaster match in the 1901 Club (East Stand) now includes a hot roast. This is going to cost £32.50 + VAT per head which is just about £40. Does anyone else think this is unreasonable? By mistake this week I was sent the details of the dining in the Gold Lounges (1901 Club) as well as the Platinum Lounges (1901 Club). One thing I never realised is that if you are a Gold member the casual dining is significantly cheaper! Fish and Chips cost £7 and if you order two it's £13. The equivalent meal in the 1901 Platinum Lounge (Burger & Chips) costs £12. I really don't understand this price difference. Am I missing something?

The burger and chips is £12 in the Gold lounges, its just that they have now added cheaper options at about £7. Mind you its 10% less using the club card so I always look at the burger as costing £10.80. The new £7 options are I suppose only £6.30 so its all heading in the right direction.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I was looking for a thread about the catering in the 1901 Club but couldn't find anything. Is there one somewhere? I know it's the football that is important but at the same time I don't want to be ripped off when I buy food.

Have you thought about buying food somewhere else? You did essentially sign up to be ripped off when you chose seats in a designated corporate area.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
No matter, guaranteed best view in the stadia and made to feel special - if you can afford 1901 prices it's academic, just enjoy

GeorgeBTN

Sep 1, 2013
Have you thought about buying food somewhere else? You did essentially sign up to be ripped off when you chose seats in a designated corporate area.

Yes I suppose you're right. I hadn't really thought about that unfortunately. I thought as I was paying extra for my tickets and the perks of the lounge etc the prices for food wouldn't be ridiculous. I was wrong! I don't know how many seats are in the 1901 Club East Stand but would be interested in finding out. There must have been between 15 and 20 people who had a roast on Saturday. That doesn't seem very popular to me. I just think a cheaper price would encourage more people to try one. To me that seems such a low number. I do want to support the club but in all honesty won't pay £40 for a roast. If my partner and I both order one and share a bottle of wine it would cost over £100!

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
As I understand it a sheep costs £40 so to get it roasted for the same cost sounds too good to be true

If only it were that simple.... Unfortunately you only get half a sheep. Fortunately however, my partner couldn't eat all of hers so having polished off two desserts I didn't get hungry again until half time. :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here