[News] Baby murder nurse case

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CaergybiGull

Aug 13, 2020
Caergybi, Ynys Môn
Just a quick note to apologise for ‘liking’ some very old posts but there are some very moving contributions ( @Poojah , wow bud, what an experience for your wife, yourself & the medics… ).

As for the whole situation, it is just beyond tragic. Absolutely no good in this at all.

RIP little ones…

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Numerous babies who were seemingly healthy, right up until the moment they rapidly deteriorated, for no apparent reason, surely should be enough to arouse suspicion. It was certainly enough to make the consultants concerned.
It was the frequency rather than the presentation. Premature babies die, around 3 a year in that hospital. It was the 13 in one month, with the common theme that this nurse was present at all deaths that raised suspicions. An autopsy would have been orded if an individual death had been deemed suspicious.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
It was the frequency rather than the presentation. Premature babies die, around 3 a year in that hospital. It was the 13 in one month, with the common theme that this nurse was present at all deaths that raised suspicions. An autopsy would have been orded if an individual death had been deemed suspicious.
Yes, I understand that, but I also think that the frequency alone might have prompted autopsies, to see if there was a common link (medically) as to why so many were dying unexpectedly.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Having read a fair bit on this and watched the Panorama I'm of the opinion that the inquiry should be a statutory one and the executives who tried to shut down the concerns of 7 consultant pediatricians should be summoned, and likely held negligent for the subsequent deaths in the case. "Emails cease forthwith" and "there will be consequences" seems to me to be intimidation with threats of reporting them to the GMC.. There also needs to be a route for concerns to be raised outside of the trust they are acting in... A direct path to the health secretary if needed.
A basic grasp of maths and probability by looking at the inexplicable incidents and staffing sheet should have shut this beast down long long before the police became involved and lives would have been undoubtedly saved. Just shocking

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
And possibly all because she wanted the attention of her doctor friend.
How can you go from that to killing babies?
A special kind of evil.
It also shows that you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover.
I wonder if her calm demeanour and pleasing appearance helped protect her for a while.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Having read a fair bit on this and watched the Panorama I'm of the opinion that the inquiry should be a statutory one and the executives who tried to shut down the concerns of 7 consultant pediatricians should be summoned, and likely held negligent for the subsequent deaths in the case. "Emails cease forthwith" and "there will be consequences" seems to me to be intimidation with threats of reporting them to the GMC.. There also needs to be a route for concerns to be raised outside of the trust they are acting in... A direct path to the health secretary if needed.
A basic grasp of maths and probability by looking at the inexplicable incidents and staffing sheet should have shut this beast down long long before the police became involved and lives would have been undoubtedly saved. Just shocking
"Emails cease forthwith" is beyond appalling. Whichever jumped-up little twat wrote that needs to be made to explain themselves in a court of law. Good luck with that

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

And hospital bosses didn’t allow investigators seeing medical notes seemingly 🙄

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Numerous babies who were seemingly healthy, right up until the moment they rapidly deteriorated, for no apparent reason, surely should be enough to arouse suspicion. It was certainly enough to make the consultants concerned.
I think autopsies are performed on young people or those that die suddenly, as a matter of course.
Given that most of these poor babies were doing well and then suddenly crashed, I would have imagined an autopsy would have been a definite.

I don’t know for sure though. When my brother suddenly died aged 39 I asked the doctor whether an autopsy would be performed and she said that yes it would “because he is so young”.
So I can only think a baby would have autopsy without question?

As I say, I don’t know for sure .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think autopsies are performed on young people or those that die suddenly, as a matter of course.
Given that most of these poor babies were doing well and then suddenly crashed, I would have imagined an autopsy would have been a definite.

I don’t know for sure though. When my brother suddenly died aged 39 I asked the doctor whether an autopsy would be performed and she said that yes it would “because he is so young”.
So I can only think a baby would have autopsy without question?

As I say, I don’t know for sure .
Unfortunately, premature babies are at risk so a death wouldn’t be as much as a sudden occurrence. This was the same situation as Beverly Allitt where lessons were said to have been learnt. Clearly not.

My daughter was born 19 days early, so was underweight. She developed premature baby jaundice, so was in the Special Baby Unit for 10 days. She was very well cared for. I stayed in hospital for a week, so was able to spend time with her, just using the lift to a different floor.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes, I understand that, but I also think that the frequency alone might have prompted autopsies, to see if there was a common link (medically) as to why so many were dying unexpectedly.
You are right. Sadly when the numpties realized there was an issue the babies had been cremated.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
That poor lady outside Manchester Crown Court on BBC News having to relay the Victim Impact Statements live to the viewers deserves some kind of medal for not breaking down on screen :down:
I've just read a few on the news ticker and I'm going to have to go outside for a walk. Certainly not looking at any news for the rest of the day. Just awful.

The woman is a monster.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
When you read the things she did to each baby....... and then look at smiling photos of her and read her history (nice family background, always wanted to work with babies, studied hard for it, plenty of friends, sociable, pretty in a plain way) you have to wonder what the f*** went wrong in her head. Truly shocking.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
When you read the things she did to each baby....... and then look at smiling photos of her and read her history (nice family background, always wanted to work with babies, studied hard for it, plenty of friends, sociable, pretty in a plain way) you have to wonder what the f*** went wrong in her head. Truly shocking.
All of this.
I just can’t get my head around what this ‘type’ of person has done…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports