Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BA Strike info required please

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
I'm looking to go away on the 20th/21st April and BA are coming out by far the cheapest. Does anyone know the likelihood of them announcing more strikes that may affect me?

Cheers for any help :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Given the current operations during the strike, if it's a long haul flight from Heathrow it's got a pretty good chance of going. If it's a long haul flight from Gatwick it has an excellent chance of going. If it's short haul it's a bit more dodgy...this is presuming a strike is announced and as far as I'm aware there is no strike planned for those dates at the moment,

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I'm looking to go away on the 20th/21st April and BA are coming out by far the cheapest. Does anyone know the likelihood of them announcing more strikes that may affect me?

Cheers for any help :)

can you not just travel to the future and find out yourself?

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
Given the current operations during the strike, if it's a long haul flight from Heathrow it's got a pretty good chance of going. If it's a long haul flight from Gatwick it has an excellent chance of going. If it's short haul it's a bit more dodgy...this is presuming a strike is announced and as far as I'm aware there is no strike planned for those dates at the moment,

Cheers. Unfortunately it's a long haul flight from Heathrow. I suppose it's just luck and guess work as to whether 20/21 April will be affected as the union is keeping it tight to their chest.

I found one reference that said the union will have a period of calm until Apr 14th. Is this the case? In which case presuming they strike on that date I could be 'safe, as the strikes so far have been four days?

philelc

Dec 3, 2005
Middleton on Sea
Best way is to check if the flight is operating during this current strike period, flight number will be same

If it is operating the chances are good it will run in any future strikes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here