Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Away ticket sales

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I’m doing Arsenal and spurs as not too far. But I’ve become fed up of the following:

Boring football
Cost of fuel or trains
Season over - not going down not getting top half.
Release of rubbish blocks first. The spurs cup debacle was crazy.
Gap between players and fans. Some players clearly don’t care.

So not doing Man City or wolves. May do Leeds if there is a chance of them going down. But as they insist on selling them so far in advance I can’t be sure of that.

Previous season I did pretty much every game (pre covid).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hasn’t been a waiting list for ages. The days of struggling to get a ticket for the Amex are long gone.

As for aways, seriously pissed off I can’t buy a ticket for Spurs away because they haven’t opened it up to those with previous purchase history. More complete bollocks from the club to be honest, trying to enforce a pointless late season purchase of a + membership. Oh well.

Might be a Spurs condition

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Arsenal, Spurs, Wolves have now sold out. Man City - handful left. Southampton (H) on track to sell out. (Cat B, 2pm Sun KO) as , despite the miserable goals/results, have all home games in 2022.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
"Selling out" is pretty meaningless for away games when we don't actually know the size of the allocation. I understand we only took the corner for Wolves rather than the whole lower tier.

Should be 2 x good atmospheres in the capital though.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Man city has sold very poorly ……. Not a surprise really

Compared to what ? The other midweek match in 2018 ? Has it ?
Either way - 10 days left - there’s about 60 seats left for sale - so will sell out allocation in next 24 hours.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Compared to what ? The other midweek match in 2018 ? Has it ?
Either way - 10 days left - there’s about 60 seats left for sale - so will sell out allocation in next 24 hours.

Sold the lower tier only …… midweek game I know but hasn’t sold as well as club thought it would.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"Selling out" is pretty meaningless for away games .

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
Pretty meaningless for home games too, what with a couple of thousand empty seats spread across ever block in the stadium.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Do you really get the sense the club are complacent. ? (They’ve added in extra seats, frozen ticket prices, tried all sorts of things with sharing and changing names on season tickets , ramped up membership schemes, do all manner of outreach stuff to kids , behind scenes do loads of surveys, talking to fans, engagement etc , a fan advisory board, are building a big new external fan zone). I’ve no idea if its enough but I think it’s ok for them to be bullish about how things are going with ticket sales numbers (look better than most predicted certainly on here) without the idea that because they’re pleased about that they are all sitting there in their various meetings going “it’s fine” - nothing needs doing here.
Do you think they’ve not noticed there are swathes of empty season ticket seats at matches ?

I generally agree with a lot of what you post but have to say i think adding the extra seats was far from a positive thing for fans !
To be told absolutely in a communication from the club that my seat had just been " renumbered " and was neither moved nor my view altered only to find that my seat had indeed been moved about a seat and a half away from the centre of the pitch and squeezed cheek by jowl with my neighbours was somewhat galling .
When i emailed the club to complain one of the things stated was that directors had tried the new arrangement and found it ok BUT i cannot help but wonder if they tried it in full winter coats and with a very large person in the middle and for a full 45 minutes !
As has been stated before this did indeed deal with the waiting list , so good for those people i suppose , but interestingly when i had a recent email from the club regarding seats available in my area i added up seats to be sold across the whole stadium and found it to be about 2,900 a number remarkably similar to the number created by seat squeezing !
If you value things entirely by revenue and total sales then probably a success for the club but regarding fan experience i personally would say not so much .

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I generally agree with a lot of what you post but have to say i think adding the extra seats was far from a positive thing for fans !
To be told absolutely in a communication from the club that my seat had just been " renumbered " and was neither moved nor my view altered only to find that my seat had indeed been moved about a seat and a half away from the centre of the pitch and squeezed cheek by jowl with my neighbours was somewhat galling .
When i emailed the club to complain one of the things stated was that directors had tried the new arrangement and found it ok BUT i cannot help but wonder if they tried it in full winter coats and with a very large person in the middle and for a full 45 minutes !
As has been stated before this did indeed deal with the waiting list , so good for those people i suppose , but interestingly when i had a recent email from the club regarding seats available in my area i added up seats to be sold across the whole stadium and found it to be about 2,900 a number remarkably similar to the number created by seat squeezing !
If you value things entirely by revenue and total sales then probably a success for the club but regarding fan experience i personally would say not so much .

I’d prefer the seats to be not so tight as well. Agreed. .
PS the extra seats added in close season were (so far) about 1100 - not all from adding in extra seats in a row.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
I’d prefer the seats to be not so tight as well. Agreed. .
PS the extra seats added in close season were (so far) about 1100 - not all from adding in extra seats in a row.

Thanks for this agreement chaileyjem and regarding your ps i apologise if my numbers were wrong but i honestly thought i had seen it was more than that quantity that had been created .
Although on reflection in my view it maybe makes it worse to upset some people for a smaller gain compared to seats now available ?

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
So did I

Until they arrived Friday with a note saying that I’ve been moved to the lower tier due to poor sales.

Ah that makes sense , i was trying to reconcile the fact that the last time i looked there was about 800 for sale compared with 50 today , so the club have moved people from some blocks so that they could presumably return some whole blocks back to man city for them to then sell thus saving money . As i say makes sense but bit harsh if you had deliberately chosen say the front row of a tier .

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Ah that makes sense , i was trying to reconcile the fact that the last time i looked there was about 800 for sale compared with 50 today , so the club have moved people from some blocks so that they could presumably return some whole blocks back to man city for them to then sell thus saving money . As i say makes sense but bit harsh if you had deliberately chosen say the front row of a tier .

Yep was in second row of the middle tier

Now in row F of the bottom tier.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
The away end at City is safe standing area with the rails, so will be a stand where you want game just like the old days I imagine

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here