Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away game at Dean Court, mid 90s..

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I went to the fa cup game but I thought it was jan 94 andy kenndy scored and I think kurt nogan got one that was my first away game and it pissed it down it might have been the end of 93.also got a penalty fair 10quid fine which seemed like a lot of money loved it though.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I'm sure we played them in the JP Trophy or whatever it was back then, silky Dave Cameron was playing (badly). I don't remember the score but know I went in the back of a mini bus with [MENTION=21293]5mins-from-amex[/MENTION]

Edit. This game must have been 99-00

January 11 2000 - it was the Auto Windscreens Shield (second round, southern section). Cameron came on as a sub in the 70th minute. Albion lost 1-0 through golden goal extra-time. Will Packham was preferred to Mark Ormerod on the bench, prompting the latter to ask for a transfer.

You were one of 517 Albionites there that night.

The Argus match report - Extra-time agony for Seagulls

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Dreadfully wet, the only other thing I can recall is the pub beforehand had a super gigantic blackboard & chalk on which we wrote the surname of every player that we could remember that had ever played for the Albion. Must have got past 200 maybe 300? Try it sometime!

Jan 30, 2008
Dreadfully wet, the only other thing I can recall is the pub beforehand had a super gigantic blackboard & chalk on which we wrote the surname of every player that we could remember that had ever played for the Albion. Must have got past 200 maybe 300? Try it sometime!
yeah ,sounds exciting:facepalm:
regards
DR

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Didn't go to the cup game but the 3-0 win (McDougald 2 Minton if I remember) was rain of biblical proportions. Cannot remember a wetter game. Chose to go in the seats that day

The 3-1 defeat was the live on TV pitch invasion game.

Jan 30, 2008
Didn't go to the cup game but the 3-0 win (McDougald 2 Minton if I remember) was rain of biblical proportions. Cannot remember a wetter game. Chose to go in the seats that day

The 3-1 defeat was the live on TV pitch invasion game.
the cup game was bollocks, got done 4.2 think Gary chivers was playing for Bournemouth and got a bit of stick ! think I'm right in saying they laid on a special non stop train back to Brighton after the game ?
regards
DR

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Went to the Feb 95 game, in the New stand to your right (if you were getting soaked in the terraces) very deflating match as we were still bottom but had just beaten Oxford away the week before so were turning up full of optimism!!. I was our 'Great Escape' season where we had 9 points at xmas and still stayed up - even though 5 teams went down that season.

It's probably the wettest game I've ever seen at DC too...seen a few!!.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here