Votes: 146 44.1%
  • Option E (please detail)

Votes: 4 1.2%

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Easy decision. D. I don't understand why people get so upset over away fans coming here, even the gobby ones. Just hit the ignore button if it upsets you so much. Easy.

It would be great to do that, but their posts are quoted and still appear. The Ignore User is next to useless except if no one quotes the original.

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
I've picked A.

Don't even read let alone post on non-Palace threads.

Although my Internet dwelling self-esteem may take a knock through relegation to a sub-forum

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
It would be great to do that, but their posts are quoted and still appear. The Ignore User is next to useless except if no one quotes the original.

Does it really bother you that much to see their posts though? If you see a quoted post from someone on your ignore list, just scroll down.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Anything but D makes us the same petty emotional cripples as BBS members.

They can be bloody annoying but opposing voices are the source of some lively debates on here.

This.

The tolerance of away fans on here is one of the things that makes the board what it is. If they behave like twats them deal with them accordingly - as with everyone else.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Does it really bother you that much to see their posts though? If you see a quoted post from someone on your ignore list, just scroll down.

For some reason it does bother me.

But enough of this!

I've got far too involved in this thread. Too much having to justify my own opinion.

I've suggested a couple of potential improvements, and stand by my vote of C.

I can add no more to this discission except getting dragged further in, so for this thread I'm out.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
D for me. The day we have an 'away end' would probably mean I would not come on here again.

No great loss for anyone but things don't need fixing when they ain't broke.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Firstly it's your board and you should do with its as you wish , as you may well know I have posted on here as a non Brighton hating palace fan for many years and up to now I have alway felt you have One of the best football forums on the net and its format should be left alone,but over last few month the standards have slip into a free for all slagging match which is as much some of the Brighton fans thought as it is the palace fans on here ( yes I know it your forum) I worry now every post I make in a banter thread between the two sets of fans will end with an infraction.
Option c make sense
Post banter in in the away end keep it nice in the main board or your out sounds fair to me

I dont really think you should worry what you post, well assuming it's not purposefull trolling etc, you have a great history with NSC and that goes a long way for you in my opinion.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

There is a vBulletin plugin that will also suppress quotes of posts of users you have on ignore.

I'm not sure whether it's available for the version we currently use, but I'll check it out. If it can be installed, I'll get it onto NSC as it clearly makes sense to also hide the quotes from view.

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
It's a bit toys out of the pram and always gets techy around our game time. If anyone is being an arse just ban them. Same on ours (The Holmesdale), same anywhere. Besides, i like some of the keyboard headbutting Pm's i get, hey make me laugh unless they are needlessly spiteful.
As before, if it 'aint broke, but then it is your board.

Btw, if you do get an 'away section' most of you will visit it, no matter what you say!!

There is a vBulletin plugin that will also suppress quotes of posts of users you have on ignore.

I'm not sure whether it's available for the version we currently use, but I'll check it out. If it can be installed, I'll get it onto NSC as it clearly makes sense to also hide the quotes from view.

Excellent news if true; no Withdean Wanderer or Timmy ever, ever again - anywhere!
Option D for me btw.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

I wasn't going to comment, but this is such good news, and for me would sort out all the issues I have on this board - the 3 trolls that wind me up would completely disappear from my NSC experience :lolol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A , B or C will turn NSC into a "tinpot" forum like many other fans have to endure with their own message boards. A vote for D with the hope that the mods will ban the Googling trolls straight away.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Agree with [MENTION=5076]Bevendean Hillbilly[/MENTION]. Anyone who has seen the MESS that is BBS will know that option D is the only one that makes sense!,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here