Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away fans numbers at the Amex this season

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
So far the only Club, that has revisited the Amex, to have increased their support here is Cardiff. Everyone else has had fewer supporters than last season which is a bit disappointing. Of the remaining home fixtures I can only see Derby,Leicester & Palace possibly bringing more this season than last.

Does anyone know the actual amount of tickets we offer away fans each league game (does it differ from Club to Club or is it a set amount and unsolds are returned to us for Albion fans) and what is the maximum away allocation at present ?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What were you expecting? There was always going to be a novelty factor for away fans, a new ground to tick off. I'd anticipate Charlton bringing a fair horde, for the same reason, that they've never played here before.

The other factor is that we've had a lot of awkward kick off times- Friday nights, late afternoons, Tuesday nights- which always lowers the away attendance.

It's no reflection on the Amex. Maximum is somewhere around 3,000.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
What were you expecting? There was always going to be a novelty factor for away fans, a new ground to tick off. I'd anticipate Charlton bringing a fair horde, for the same reason, that they've never played here before.

The other factor is that we've had a lot of awkward kick off times- Friday nights, late afternoons, Tuesday nights- which always lowers the away attendance.

Fair points raised - it's just that the Albion seem to raise their game when the stadium is rocking which is generally when a large away following turn up. I note that our away following is bucking the trend by increasing numbers.

Almost every away fan I spoke to last season on the train back was very impressed with The Amex, less so with the transport to and from.

This is having a bearing I think.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Of the remaining home fixtures I can only see Derby,Leicester & Palace possibly bringing more this season than

I'd be surprised if Derby brought any more than last year, Jan's not a great month for big days out.....

Almost every away fan I spoke to last season on the train back was very impressed with The Amex, less so with the transport to and from.

This is having a bearing I think.

Yep, Brighton isn't great to get to from north of London, add in that the stadium is a bit of an arse to get away from and you can see why numbers may drop

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Low
Watford ( TV)
Hull ( TV)
Blackburn ( maybe rearranged to midweek, as 4th round of cup)
Burnley

Reasonable
Forest
Derby
Blackpool ( maybe in mix for playoffs)
Millwall
Huddersfield

High
Charlton
Palace
Wolves
Leicester

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

this and the cost

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
away fans at the amex so far
cardiff 784
barnsley 297
sheff wed 1,682
birmingham 1,111
ipswich 753
middlesbrough 1,216
leeds 2,062
peterborough 247
bolton 1,274
bristol city forgot how many

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Barnslol

Attachments

• BARNSLEY 188.JPG
    BARNSLEY 188.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 259

BattFink

Jan 31, 2012
Buggers Hole
Was going to say that it could be worse, just been watching the highlights of Sampdoria v Udinese - Apparently 1 Away ticket sold & his team won 2-0 :lol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
When the away clubs announce the ticket prices for games at The Amex they don't bother with the £34 tickets anymore , I suppose this is down to only requesting a minimum initial allocation and then asking for more in batches up to the point where no more £28 tickets are left. Not many clubs will take the full allocation (3,500) if well over a thousand are at the £34 price point.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL

More Stewards than fans! :lolol:

Was going to say that it could be worse, just been watching the highlights of Sampdoria v Udinese - Apparently 1 Away ticket sold & his team won 2-0 :lol:

Quality!

I think Derby may bring more, especially as the game last time was on a Tuesday night and which this year is on a Saturday. I think Watford will as well on the same principle as Derby.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Low
Watford ( TV)
Hull ( TV)
Blackburn ( maybe rearranged to midweek, as 4th round of cup)
Burnley

Reasonable
Forest
Derby
Blackpool ( maybe in mix for playoffs)
Millwall
Huddersfield

High
Charlton
Palace
Wolves
Leicester

I'm pretty sure I've seen it confirmed on a couple of other threads that Forest are only bringing 2 fans (who are actually from cleethorpes, but follow forest). Or 3 if the uncle can make it.

BaconSaver

Oct 4, 2012
I'm pretty sure I've seen it confirmed on a couple of other threads that Forest are only bringing 2 fans (who are actually from cleethorpes, but follow forest). Or 3 if the uncle can make it.

Really? I thought I would be the only to make it but i'm glad i'll have some company in the away end.

BaconSaver

Oct 4, 2012
No, I have no idea who they are. It'd be great if "Richie's Uncle" could make it though as it'd probably make this our second highest away following this season (We took 9 to Blackpool a couple of months ago)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here