Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away fans in home end

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's all about how people behave, an example (albeit from the FS) a Liverppol fan and his kid, openly displayed their colours and stood up and gave Gerrard a reception, but when they scored they were a lot more respectful and didn't rub any noses in it, therefore no probs.
Indeed. It really shouldn't come down to having to know the official policy. If you are respectful, there ought to be no problems. Just bear in mind that if *any* confrontation occurs, it is likely to be the away supporter who gets slung out, whether or not they are at fault.

I've only been in the home end as an away fan once - at Southampton. Home fans were quite reasonable and no-one made a fuss when I leapt out of my seat as Kerry Mayo slammed in an equialiser. In fact, Southampton scored a couple of minutes from the end and the bloke next to me said "bad luck mate" and shook my hand as he left. This is what football ought to be like if you can't get into your own section as an away supporter.

My son-in-law got tickets in the home end for Southampton, being the wonderful Father-in-Law that I am I spent the whole 90 minutes ringing his mobile knowing he had "Sussex by The Sea" as his ringtone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here