Avril Lavigne? Babe, talented or neither?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Avril Lavigne - babe, quality or neither

• Babe & like her music

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • Babe & but her music is naff

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • Class act, but don't fancy her

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Sounds awful, looks worse

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
very very well put wozza

whenever anyone starts believing their own hype its bad news

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
too young for my liking, I prefer proper Punk not some manufactured toss like this!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Barnet Seagull said:
The obvious exception being Nik Kershaw

I was thinking more along the lines of Howard Jones actually. :p

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Wozza said:

There's a reason for this: good pop stars very, very rarely write good pop songs.

The end.

There are clearly exceptions to this though. Who can possibly doubt George Michael as a top writer of pop songs, and didn't he just make the perfect star as well.

Wham had everything as far as pop is concerned, and I bet if they turned up tomorrow, you would be questioning whether either of them really write a single line of their songs.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Whats not to like, she's fit and her album is my car at the mo. Nuff said.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Dropkick Turnip said:
Unlike Good Charlotte, of course....

I did'nt think these guys were? I mates got some of their early stuff, then again I think its this lot who are signed to Madonna's label or something :D

Linkin Park are manufactured but I actually dont mind them!

Jul 5, 2003
BN11
I think most mainstream music (and that's not limited to the worst aspects of the Top 40), including lots of stuff that I've got, is manufactured to a degree.

The problem is when major record labels get involved and the bands' original purpose and direction is watered down for mass consumption. It annoys me that I fall for it but I do, time after time.

I wasn't singling out Good Charlotte but just making a point that they are really no less manufactured than Awful Latrine.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Blink-182 are a fine example Dropkick of what your saying, they were great then signed to a major label...yes they still have some decent tunes but they have been "fine tuned" for radio/tv/charts etc etc. Even the mighty Offspring have gone down that path but both bands still write some good songs in they're albums...those are the songs you NEVER hear on the radio/tv/charts :D

Jul 5, 2003
BN11
Indeed and Avril's early stuff on her mum's label is awesome dude!! :lolol:

I don't know what I'm saying really. Must be time to strip more wallpaper. Now, how punk is that?!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
very punk as long as you have some punk playing whilst stripping...your wallpaper :lolol:

Dunno why but The Vandals seem a good choice for that sorta thing ???

Digmut

Jul 14, 2003
Ashford Kent
Not too keen on the tunes but deffo top totty, which makes me a complete perv as she's the spitting image of my daughter!!!!!

Jul 5, 2003
BN11
Hey, I always undress to The Vandals! :D

You can tell I haven't started yet because I'm still here instead of downstairs but I've got the new Jane's Addiction album on at the moment. It strays (do you like the pun?) into Bon Jovi territory in a couple of places and the guitar solos are a bit widdly for my liking but it's a rocker and it seems to do the trick when I actually get down to any stripping. Need to strip twice as fast now before Mrs Turnip comes home and realises I've been on here all day!!

Sorry to everyone else for our shameless hijacking of this thread. Just call us Dwayne and Dwayner :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports