Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aviva Premiership Final- Come on you Quins!

Foster House

Aug 25, 2010
East Sussex
I have often sat on a freezing winter afternoon at The Stoop, dreaming of reaching the final on a hot day in May, and for the first time in the clubs history..

Well it's 24hrs till that day arrives!

I know a number of NSC'ers follow rugby. Are there any Quins fans heading up tomorrow?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I went last year and supported Sarries (dictated by the toss of a coin!). It was a good day out - hope you enjoy it. I think it would be good for Quins to win - Leicester have been far too dominant for a while, even though they lost last year.

I'll be sat at home wondering where it all went wrong for Bath.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I have a soft spot for Quins as my local club is affiliated to them, and anyway I don't like Leicester much - actually there is a recent article on the BBC site that shows what a bunch of bell ends they are.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
As a Tigers fan, I'm obviously hoping that we get the title back. However, it's nice to actually be in the Final, considering the start to the season that we had. It would be good if Alessana Tuilagi could go out on a high with a win, but wouldn't complain at a Quins win as they have been the form team all season. It should be a good game, anyway.

Foster House

Aug 25, 2010
East Sussex
As a Tigers fan, I'm obviously hoping that we get the title back. However, it's nice to actually be in the Final, considering the start to the season that we had. It would be good if Alessana Tuilagi could go out on a high with a win, but wouldn't complain at a Quins win as they have been the form team all season. It should be a good game, anyway.

It will be a hard mountain for Quins to climb. Both sides play the same open, flowing, brand of rugger. That will suit Leicester better as they are stronger. I would have been more confident if it had been boring old Sarries, especially after turning them over at Wembley.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Should be a great game the two best attacking teams. I will watch as a neutral and get ready to shout at the tv on sunday when Ospreys take on Lienster

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
It will be a hard mountain for Quins to climb. Both sides play the same open, flowing, brand of rugger. That will suit Leicester better as they are stronger. I would have been more confident if it had been boring old Sarries, especially after turning them over at Wembley.

You are joking? Aren't you? Tigers play anything but open flowing rugby. Yes they are strong, and will play attritional rugby - as they always do.

I'm a bit like the football fans who support anyone but Manure, when it comes to Tigers and rugby. I would love to see Tigers get trashed, their brand of rugby stinks, and so does their attitude.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
You are joking? Aren't you? Tigers play anything but open flowing rugby. Yes they are strong, and will play attritional rugby - as they always do.

I'm a bit like the football fans who support anyone but Manure, when it comes to Tigers and rugby. I would love to see Tigers get trashed, their brand of rugby stinks, and so does their attitude.

I think that's how Leicester used to play, but this season and the end of the last i'd say they're as attractive as the Quins

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

I think you are over-generalising slightly. It's true that Tigers still play an attritional defensive game, but we do have a bit more dynamism in the backs and the back row, in particular, than we traditionally used to.

I presume the 'attitude' that you are referring to centres around arrogance? I would say given our trophy haul and run of final appearances, we are allowed a certain amount of that.

The in-club attitude of not signing big names, bringing through a large number of the youth academy and attempting to create a team rather than a gathering of talented individuals are all traits that should be lauded.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
As a Bath fan, its sacrilege to say that I think and hope that Leicester win. they are the big game experts and their whole season is geared to peaking at this time of year.

Harlequins leave me cold, a damn good team, but I can't stand their city boy fan base.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I think you are over-generalising slightly. It's true that Tigers still play an attritional defensive game, but we do have a bit more dynamism in the backs and the back row, in particular, than we traditionally used to.

I presume the 'attitude' that you are referring to centres around arrogance? I would say given our trophy haul and run of final appearances, we are allowed a certain amount of that.

The in-club attitude of not signing big names, bringing through a large number of the youth academy and attempting to create a team rather than a gathering of talented individuals are all traits that should be lauded.

Yes, you are scoring more points, but it is based upon strength and physical dominance, not "open flowing... rugger" as was stated by the person I commented upon.

Their attitude that I am referring to is much greater than just their arrogance at a playing level. It includes their Academy set-up and general dealings with other clubs.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Yes, you are scoring more points, but it is based upon strength and physical dominance, not "open flowing... rugger" as was stated by the person I commented upon.

Their attitude that I am referring to is much greater than just their arrogance at a playing level. It includes their Academy set-up and general dealings with other clubs.

Fair enough! I suppose there is a similar debate in football. Is winning the be all and end all, or would teams rather play 'attractively', but still lose? Personally, I'd rather Tigers continue to grind out results and be successful on the pitch, as opposed to throwing the ball around but conceding too many points.

On your second point, there is a certain amount messing around that goes on with the Academy for sure. The relationship between Premiership clubs and smaller ones, particularly Championship clubs, is very uneasy.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Fair enough! I suppose there is a similar debate in football. Is winning the be all and end all, or would teams rather play 'attractively', but still lose? Personally, I'd rather Tigers continue to grind out results and be successful on the pitch, as opposed to throwing the ball around but conceding too many points.

On your second point, there is a certain amount messing around that goes on with the Academy for sure. The relationship between Premiership clubs and smaller ones, particularly Championship clubs, is very uneasy.

It certainly is in the case of Tigers, and "uneasy" would be an understatement, after one event this year. Suffice to say that one local Championship Academy has cancelled for next year a traditional fixture going back years.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
It certainly is in the case of Tigers, and "uneasy" would be an understatement, after one event this year. Suffice to say that one local Championship Academy has cancelled for next year a traditional fixture going back years.

Again, not wholly surprised by this. Sadly not an occurence which is exclusive to top-flight rugby clubs, either.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Even as a Tigers fan, I can recognise that some of player dealings have been a bit questionable.

Well, on that note, we appear to have agreed the validity of my first post in total. I hope you enjoy the match tomorrow, and may the best team win. If it happens to be Tigers, I just hope Geordan Murphy is Man of the Match. He for one is a top top bloke.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Well, on that note, we appear to have agreed the validity of my first post in total. I hope you enjoy the match tomorrow, and may the best team win. If it happens to be Tigers, I just hope Geordan Murphy is Man of the Match. He for one is a top top bloke.

Here here! Geordan is indeed a top bloke. Legend, in fact!

Foster House

Aug 25, 2010
East Sussex

The match at the Stoop was a classic. I always feel with Leicester there are tries to be had because, nowadays, they are a more open attacking side. I'm not sure why the boring tag has stuck this year. Probably a disgruntled Sarries fan. I hope Quins can do it, I'm so excited at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here