Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Average tank of fuel now over £100

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So prices stayed steady for 5 years after she left office and you are blaming her for what has happened since 1996. Just her, nothing and nobody else? Blimey

Did you piss on her grave when she died by any chance??

Come off it. Even your cherry-picking narrative doesn't add up. If you are here to praise Thatcher, surely a sudden halt to the house price madness after she was booted out means that she caused it, and her back stabbers stopped it! (She didn't cause it, by the way, but my faux narrative is more plausible than your whataboutery ???)

And no, of course I'm not blaming her for everything. I think that duffing up the unions a bit was excellent sport. Shame she had to be such a triumphalist **** about it, though. As for the rest? Clause 4 anyone? Boris and his 'hang Nelson Mandela' T shirt? What a bunch of archetypal old school tory shits.

No, I wouldn't waste a full bladder of my finest piss, even if she were on fire. Sorry if that breaks your heart :wink:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Are you saying the value of the pound when buying for the British market from global wholesale markets is irrelevant?

Of course not. But that isn’t behind the majority of the energy price increase. In any case the pound was both stronger and weaker pre leaving the EU. It’s future value will be determined in the future by many more important factors than the argument you are dredging up. Financial markets are way more complex than you seem to think.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Come off it. Even your cherry-picking narrative doesn't add up. If you are here to praise Thatcher, surely a sudden halt to the house price madness after she was booted out means that she caused it, and her back stabbers stopped it! (She didn't cause it, by the way, but my faux narrative is more plausible than your whataboutery ???)

And no, of course I'm not blaming her for everything. I think that duffing up the unions a bit was excellent sport. Shame she had to be such a triumphalist **** about it, though. As for the rest? Clause 4 anyone? Boris and his 'hang Nelson Mandela' T shirt? What a bunch of archetypal old school tory shits.

No, I wouldn't waste a full bladder of my finest piss, even if she were on fire. Sorry if that breaks your heart :wink:

Whatever my thoughts about Thatcher, I find it amusing that she is still blamed by the haters for just about everything that goes wrong in this country…still.

You brought her up not me :smile:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Easy to mock from far away but here is a local (to me) project that shows the opposite;

https://wirralview.com/news/bus-rapid-transit-system-proposal-wirral-waters

A little unfair, nothing to do with where in the world you are. We are famously inept at getting things done quickly, on time or in budget and have a reputation worldwide for such uselessness. Lot to do with Planning Process of course, should be renamed the Procrastination Process.

A mate told me about an application to build a new stadium once, honestly it went on and on and broke records for public enquiries etc….took years I tell you and very sadly many good people literally died waiting for it…

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Whatever my thoughts about Thatcher, I find it amusing that she is still blamed by the haters for just about everything that goes wrong in this country…still.

You brought her up not me :smile:

:lolol:

What evs :wink:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I’m old enough to remember when all this was “Project Fear”

im bored with everything being attributed to one thing, petty point scoring blinded from worldwide events.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Of course not. But that isn’t behind the majority of the energy price increase. In any case the pound was both stronger and weaker pre leaving the EU. It’s future value will be determined in the future by many more important factors than the argument you are dredging up. Financial markets are way more complex than you seem to think.

Weird how the value of the economy and the currency hasn’t recovered post-COVID as well as every other western nation bar Russia though, isn’t it? Hell of a coincidence.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A couple of weeks out of date, but an interesting analysis.

F0452676-F6CA-48AC-9EFD-AA654A438246.png

I’d genuinely thought that car fuel was far cheaper across Europe than here, with low duties/VAT, due to the media narrative about this country over the years. Wrong.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
A couple of weeks out of date, but an interesting analysis.

View attachment 148729

I’d genuinely thought that car fuel was far cheaper across Europe than here, with low duties/VAT, due to the media narrative about this country over the years. Wrong.

Me too, if RAC are right of course.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
im bored with everything being attributed to one thing, petty point scoring blinded from worldwide events.

I don't think anyone is attributing every shit thing that is happening to a single cause, because if they were, the current corrupt and incompetent Government would be a better target. It's that just about everything that is going wrong has an element that has been made worse (and in lots of cases, significantly) by one thing.

Except, of course, having a corrupt and incompetent Government which is definitely down to one single thing :wink:

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Supporters like me who live long distances from Falmer will struggle next year to get to as many games - 200 mile round trip makes a game around £80 now

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
From what I can see this is unleaded fuel catching up with the massive recent rises in diesel.

The gap between diesel and unleaded had widened to ~20p per litre. Today, in a sample of 1 garage, the gap was back to ~5p per litre.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1534939756047499264[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here