Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Average home gates next year.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
If the figure of 14,000 season tickets sold so far is accurate we should see ourselves catapulted into at least the top 30 best supported teams in the land.

Exciting times to be an Albion fan and just goes to show how wrong those clowns were that said we did not need a stadium of 22,500 seats, if anything ticket sales have shown the Amex could be a bit to modest for us!

Mike Avery Football Attendance Table All

Happy days!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Only 14 teams average more than 25.5K...

It is far from inconceivable that we could join that elite group in a few years time.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

It is far from inconceivable that we could join that elite group in a few years time.

I was told a few years ago that in the 79-80 season we were the 12th best supported club in the land, never seen this claim backed up with any stats but impressive if true.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
The first season at The Amex you were always likely to get big crowds, especially with a well timed promotion on the horizon.

But the first season isn't the most important in some respects. The fact your season ticket holders will nearly treble shows that some are not 100% loyalists (yet).

If you can sustain Championship status over the next few years (I still think talk of the Prem anytime soon is unrealistic) then you should average very good crowds.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
If the figure of 14,000 season tickets sold so far is accurate we should see ourselves catapulted into at least the top 30 best supported teams in the land.

Exciting times to be an Albion fan and just goes to show how wrong those clowns were that said we did not need a stadium of 22,500 seats, if anything ticket sales have shown the Amex could be a bit to modest for us!

Mike Avery Football Attendance Table All

Happy days!

The 14,000 season tickets isnt accurate. As of this morning we have sold 10,500 season tickets :)

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Season tickets trebling isn't really to do with loyalty to the club, just Withdean's size. 4000 odd STH's for such a small place is pretty good. A lot of people (me included) have supported the club all our lives but just don'/ can't go to Withdean every week, but go to away games more. I've been waiting for Falmer to get my ST. We are the 1000's of "sleepers" who will fill the Amex for a long time.
And regarding the Prem, Blackpool were getting rubbish gates and had a rubbish team only a few years back. It's not unheard of for teams to come up from L1 and do very well in the Champ straight away. Remember we'll have MONEY too! :banana:

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Season tickets trebling isn't really to do with loyalty to the club, just Withdean's size. 4000 odd STH's for such a small place is pretty good. A lot of people (me included) have supported the club all our lives but just don'/ can't go to Withdean every week, but go to away games more. I've been waiting for Falmer to get my ST. We are the 1000's of "sleepers" who will fill the Amex for a long time.
And regarding the Prem, Blackpool were getting rubbish gates and had a rubbish team only a few years back. It's not unheard of for teams to come up from L1 and do very well in the Champ straight away. Remember we'll have MONEY too! :banana:

So do a lot of the Championship now. I hope the likes of Leicester, Cardiff and Hull quickly collapse or go up as they're spending astronomical amounts. It'll be a very tough league next season.

I've no doubt there are a lot of Brighton fans who now have the opportunity to go to games now Falmer is nearly ready. The thing is, there are LOADS of people buying tickets who haven't been to more than a handful of games at The Withdean. They're the key to your future success but they'll also be very fickle.

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
In our previous stint in the premier division (old Div 1) average attendences were about 18,000. What makes you think they will be higher if we get to the championship? History suggests about 14-15,000 ...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

I am inclined to agree with Moshe, it is definitely conceivable that we could average 25k in a few years time.

However, it is wildly optimistic. But then again, I rather like that!

C Man... what do you think "inconceivable" means?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I was told a few years ago that in the 79-80 season we were the 12th best supported club in the land, never seen this claim backed up with any stats but impressive if true.
Certainly there were times, even in the 3rd divison (during the promotion season under Mullery), when, depending on the fixtures, our Saturday home attendance would be the 3rd biggest - in the country.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
What was the average as palace had an average of 29523 that season.Maybe we were top 10.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
if you look at the table again and click on %change you will see newport county on top with a % increase of over 100%. i think we will be top of that next season as i would imagine our % increase will be about 250%

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
What was the average as palace had an average of 29523 that season.Maybe we were top 10.

Might vary slightly depending on your source, but mine is: 24745. Our best ever was 77-78: 25265.

With an expanded Falmer I think it's possible we could break this record in the next few years.

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
It's true. We were also 12th best supported in 77-78 despite being in division 2.

The season we were nearly promoted to the premier for the first time in our history...... It may be the case that our support base has grown over the past few years but why didn't those with that knowledge make our Amex ground capable of 30000+ for next season?

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
The season we were nearly promoted to the premier for the first time in our history...... It may be the case that our support base has grown over the past few years but why didn't those with that knowledge make our Amex ground capable of 30000+ for next season?

Remind me what happened that year? :lol::lol:

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Oh we haven't forgoten bender!!

You never know perhaps we can return the favour this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here