Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Auto Trader - Let's Boycott the Bloody thing!

Nobby Nomates

Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
How many of us still refuse to shop at the Goldstone retail park?

How many Scousers still refuse to read the Sun?

After all the reading crap we've had to put up with over the last couple of years, why don't we vote with our wallets? I know it may not be much, but how about we all agree to never use the Auto trader again when car shopping?

Don't buy it
Don't advertise in it
Don't buy anything from it

Spread the word amongst fans, friends & family. If enough people stop buying from it, we can make it a useless place to advertise, and maybe even make the whole South Coast from Newhaven to Littlehampton, Brighton to Crawley (apologies to all those outside the area, but you know what I mean).

Before anyone starts, I know the chances are slim we'll ever accomplish anything of too much substance, but that's probably exactly what the petrol protest organisers thought a couple of years ago.

Lets give it a go - at least we'll be able to feel that we've individually struck one or two fingers up to that smarmy git.

What do you say - who's with me?

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
Boycott it I've nver bought or even looked at the thing!

It's a good idea if you don't like it. Boycotting is the most effective form of human protest and allows you to take direct action against Reading I guess.

I do think, though, that the most important people to boycott if you're an Albion fan are Wickes, Focus etc.

And if you're looking outside football you could do worse than having a look here: http://www.boycottbush.net/

xx

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
It was Guardian Media but I think its been sold again ?

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
readingstockport said:
Pointless. The strange pole sold the Trader some years ago.

Can't remember who owns it now but it ain't him.

Correct. If you boycott the Auto Trader you will do nothing to Mr Madejski, who sold his majority shareholding about 10 years ago.

Ah, but he did start up a Malaysian Autotrader during his tax-exile year in East Asia. Feel free to boycott that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here