Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Australia - how long do you stay for?

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Not sure what problems you're alluding to but of course there's still the modern day challenges of jobs and bills. That doesn't exclude it is a fantastic place to visit and, if you're lucky enough, live.
massive venomous insects, dangerous animals, heat stroke, forest fires, floods, storms

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
tell us more

Not easy to answer on a chat board,however.Drugs we are top of the league.House prices are high making it very hard for the young.Social issues are largely ignored or mis- handled by government.A population that while generally decent are very inward looking and rather racist Im afraid.Thats a quick reply but of course Oz like most places has good and bad.

clungemeister

Jan 11, 2015
Not easy to answer on a chat board,however.Drugs we are top of the league.House prices are high making it very hard for the young.Social issues are largely ignored or mis- handled by government.A population that while generally decent are very inward looking and rather racist Im afraid.Thats a quick reply but of course Oz like most places has good and bad.

really ...?? i live in Perth ....which particular niche of the population are you accusing of being racist...? is it because they / we have daft names for certain races which are used openly by everyone rather than just thinking it silently...??

dont forget to tell our readers that the larger cities in Oz are a mix of Italian , Greek ,Lebanese , Jewish ,Croatian , Serb , English , Chinese , Indian Vietnamese , Nepalese ,Bangladeshi , Irish , Scottish , Russian , Iranian , Iraqi , Kiwi , Tongan , Samoan , Indonesian , Malay , South African , Somalian , Eritrean , Brazilian , Chilean..........:thumbsup: racist as **** Ozzies are but i might not be sure cos i've only lived here 29 years........agree about drugs though , the youngsters here are mad for it...the best meth comes from china , pills from the states and charlie from europe....how multicultural is that...?:thumbsup:

Last edited:

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
really ...?? i live in Perth ....which particular niche of the population are you accusing of being racist...? is it because they / we have daft names for certain races which are used openly by everyone rather than just thinking it silently...??

I live in Perth and I wish it was just daft names.I would suggest an evening in many suburban pubs and local views would often be far from tolerant.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Been and hated it, a watered down version of America in the sense same sort of cars, shopping malls, food and people. Travel all that way for a bit of dust a few rocks, opera house was a block of concrete nothing more nothing less, Bondi beach was a shit hole, Sydney was pah in general Melbourne was ok. The great Ocean road was well not so great & the people were just plain rude and ignorant, or was that me ?? Not sure about that one.

Anyway we went after a month , after about two months in New Zealand which was awesome.

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011

dont forget to tell our readers that the larger cities in Oz are a mix of Italian , Greek ,Lebanese , Jewish ,Croatian , Serb , English , Chinese , Indian Vietnamese , Nepalese ,Bangladeshi , Irish , Scottish , Russian , Iranian , Iraqi , Kiwi , Tongan , Samoan , Indonesian , Malay , South African , Somalian , Eritrean , Brazilian , Chilean..........:thumbsup: racist as **** Ozzies are but i might not be sure cos i've only lived here 29 years........agree about drugs though , the youngsters here are mad for it...the best meth comes from china , pills from the states and charlie from europe....how multicultural is that...?:thumbsup:
I see in Perth very little evidence of a multi cultural society.Ask our native population.

clungemeister

Jan 11, 2015
I see in Perth very little evidence of a multi cultural society.Ask our native population.

unfortunately mate a large proportion of the local natives in the 12- 35 bracket just want to get shit faced as a priority , petrol , glue , beer , or other shit when they can come by it.....this is , unfortunately a fact...........millions of dollars given to ATSIC every year , houses built that get trashed within months , ive seen it first hand in NSW , Qld and W.A , it is a massive problem i agree but it is largely self perpetuating...!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I live in Perth and I wish it was just daft names.I would suggest an evening in many suburban pubs and local views would often be far from tolerant.

I'll happily swap homes with you if it would help ?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Been and hated it, a watered down version of America in the sense same sort of cars, shopping malls, food and people. Travel all that way for a bit of dust a few rocks, opera house was a block of concrete nothing more nothing less, Bondi beach was a shit hole, Sydney was pah in general Melbourne was ok. The great Ocean road was well not so great & the people were just plain rude and ignorant, or was that me ?? Not sure about that one.

Anyway we went after a month , after about two months in New Zealand which was awesome.

Quick answer, yes !

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Our shortest stay was for a conference (10 days) but most have been for three or four weeks and that has never been long enough for everything we wanted to do so as long as you can afford would be my advice.
Things to do.....? Too many to mention but my best memories are the Barrier Reef snorkelling; the India-Pacific train ride from Sydney to Perth; and of course climbing the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Hired camper vans and toured for maximum flexibility on most trips - recommend it.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
calm down Miss, I was only suggesting what the alleged 'problems' might be. Anyway why is it piffle. Which one is incorrect Miss?

No idea why it's piffle - just like the word !

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I'd get out as quickly as possible if I were you, Aussies are a horrible group of people with very few exceptions.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Not sure what problems you're alluding to but of course there's still the modern day challenges of jobs and bills. That doesn't exclude it is a fantastic place to visit and, if you're lucky enough, live.

The fact that people like this guy think the place is brilliant pretty much says it all. Please do emigrate if it is that wonderful and do us all a big ol' favour.

:bigwave:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
unfortunately mate a large proportion of the local natives in the 12- 35 bracket just want to get shit faced as a priority , petrol , glue , beer , or other shit when they can come by it.....this is , unfortunately a fact...........millions of dollars given to ATSIC every year , houses built that get trashed within months , ive seen it first hand in NSW , Qld and W.A , it is a massive problem i agree but it is largely self perpetuating...!

Name is clungemeister and he thinks aussies are all top blokes. More evidence (not that it should really be required for anyone with a functioning sensory system)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here