Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Audio (Reggae): Thread for all things reggae

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Dave

Your Reggae Christmas mix link is to a page that has my antivirus software having kittens. Is there somewhere safer I can download it from?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Attachments

• lovers ro.jpg
    lovers ro.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 75

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
2013 Mix

DJ Indo presents Blazing Reggae Music Again vol4

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8vlagz

SingleTrack
55m 46s

Track List:
Wayne Marshall-I Know, Chino & Di Genius-Roots Sound, Alborosie-Rock The Dancehall, Stephen Marley ft. Akon & Buju Banton-My Conclusion, Shaggy & Neyo-You Girl, Alborosie-Woman I Need You, Mr. Vegas-Love Yourself, Sizzla-Lovers Paradise, Assassin & Maxi Priest-Bubble My Way, Tessanne Chin-If You Love Me, Shaggy & Beres Hammond-Fight This Feeling, Soja feat. Collie Buddz-She Still Loves Me, Gappy Ranks & Denyque-First Sight, Machel Montano & Morgan Heritage-I See Lots, D Major-Real Knows Real, Chronixx-Ain't No Giving In, Tarrus Riley-Gimme Likkle One Drop,Gyptian-Rock Me Baby, Shaggy & Rayvon-Give Thanks & Praises, Tony Curtis-My Conversation/High Grade Dubplate, Beres Hammond-Sweetness, Konshens-To Her With Love, Bugle-Great Day, Chronixx-Thanks & Praise, Chronixx-Access Granted, Chuck Fenda-It Hard, Further Notice-Baby Can I Hold You, Million Stylez-Found The One, Jah Cure-From My Hear

Attachments

• strictly blazing.jpg
    strictly blazing.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 72

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Let not any man, or woman, say that this thread has no place on a football fans message board :thumbsup:

[yt]hVgezPqhI-o[/yt]
[yt]1Hw_oOfvHuk[/yt]

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
...and furthermore, on an Albion message board.

Real talent to have appeared at Selhurst Park :thumbsup:

[yt]D3UZD9m-woc[/yt]

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Well you learn something new everyday! I never knew that, then again I was only 6 at the time

I was just about old enough to have gone but still a couple off years of going up to reggae concerts. I remember the first one I went up to I was 17, just passed my test and drove up to the Town & Country Club in Kentish Town in my Vauxhall Viva to the British Reggae Awards that Tony Williams (Radio London) was just trying to get established. I also remember going to what I think was the last Reggae Sunsplash that the UK hosted, held on Clapham Common. After a few years of no such big event the Essential festival took off at Stanmer Park and that had line ups easily on a par with Sunsplashes.

Anyway, enough of my little ramblings. Being the season of goodwill and all that, even to Palace :wink:, here's a longer version of that day at your place. Have a good one.

[yt]ua8m1VvAJiU[/yt]

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
!!
I was just about old enough to have gone but still a couple off years of going up to reggae concerts. I remember the first one I went up to I was 17, just passed my test and drove up to the Town & Country Club in Kentish Town in my Vauxhall Viva to the British Reggae Awards that Tony Williams (Radio London) was just trying to get established. I also remember going to what I think was the last Reggae Sunsplash that the UK hosted, held on Clapham Common. After a few years of no such big event the Essential festival took off at Stanmer Park and that had line ups easily on a par with Sunsplashes.

Anyway, enough of my little ramblings. Being the season of goodwill and all that, even to Palace :wink:, here's a longer version of that day at your place. Have a good one.

[yt]ua8m1VvAJiU[/yt]

Heres a good name-drop regarding Essential fesitival......was introduced to Willie Williams....by SUGAR MINOTT !!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
!!

Heres a good name-drop regarding Essential fesitival......was introduced to Willie Williams....by SUGAR MINOTT !!

That is serious name dropping! The Jamaican inventor of UK lovers rock introducing you to Mr Willie 'Armagideon Time' Williams :bowdown: I know that you lot from KingTafariLoveMuzik used to get to mingle with all the stars when you was the resident sound at the Top Rank Suite. I loved those days.

Those Essential festivals were some events!. I remember it grew from primarily roots reggae to eventually house Hip Hop, Garage etc tents too before ultimately all collapsing. Wonder if it got too big for it's own good? Any inside info?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Not really... think it was mainly finanacial...bills not getting paid etc.....
Was genuinly surprised that Sugar showed up....we had a sound bet, that he wouldnt even show haha.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm more jealous of Freddie McGregor here though Dave as far as meeting people go. Found the photo whilst trying to check on the year of the Clapham Common Reggae Sunsplash (turns out it was 1987)

I really had the hots for Sandra Cross and Winsome at the time :love:

Clapham Common.jpg

And as I'm in for a reminiscing penny now, I might as well be in for a reminiscing pound....so here's a favourite tune from each of my crushes:

[yt]Sm0HhUHmmvM[/yt]
[yt]twpdEhIHRSo[/yt]

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012

As I can see from the video it was a marvellous state of the art ground even then :)

Anyway all you name droppers are boring me now lol, merry christmas and thanks for the tunes/videos this thread has thrown up

[MENTION=14574]daveinprague[/MENTION] glad you are back from that ban, merry christmas mate, keep the links coming

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I'm more jealous of Freddie McGregor here though Dave as far as meeting people go. Found the photo whilst trying to check on the year of the Clapham Common Reggae Sunsplash (turns out it was 1987)

I really had the hots for Sandra Cross and Winsome at the time :love:

View attachment 49728

And as I'm in for a reminiscing penny now, I might as well be in for a reminiscing pound....so here's a favourite tune from each of my crushes:

[yt]Sm0HhUHmmvM[/yt]
[yt]twpdEhIHRSo[/yt]

He did a free concert for my missus at the Corn Exchange in Brighton.....
She was founding chair of Brighton Anti Apartheid....and moaned about no black people getting involved....so she phoned him up...

He turned up with the STUDIO ONE BAND no less ...another nice, decent humble man...

Although I hated him when he married Judy Mowett who I had a crush on for years.

Lovers rock seems to be making a comeback...along with a lot of vintage stuff...probably cause theres just crap about really at this moment in time....and jungle...

Love the reggae dubplate at the beginning of this jungle mix....what a rhythm...

http://www.mixcloud.com/Dubhifi1/dub-hi-fi-in-session-4/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here