Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Attwell on saturday

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
🤦‍♂️…..great……I’ve also read on another thread where the poster says we’ll get steamrollered on Saturday..might as well put my ticket on the exchange 😉

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Oh God no. Darren Bond - junior ref I think on VAR so he won't be going against Herr Attwell. Oh well, we're f***ed. Hope the North Stand give him plenty.

WASH

Jul 6, 2003
Rustington
Wierdly, Spurs away last season apart, our record in recent times under Mr. Attwell hasn't been too bad. That defeat last season was the only 1 in the last 10 that he's reffed us so as far as bad omens and awful ref's against us go, he's by far not the worst. However he's going to have to go a long way to redeem himself for the shitshow at NWHL last season.
% wise our win rate under him over 14 games is 42.9% (The 6th best win % for refs we've had in the Prem. Pld 14, W6, D4, L4) and he's dished out 24 cards in these games.

1693305894850.png

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
getting the ‘blame the ref’ thread in early doors, but with good reason imo.

it’s stuart attwell, of last seasons Spurs (A) infamy…
Infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Wierdly, Spurs away last season apart, our record in recent times under Mr. Attwell hasn't been too bad. That defeat last season was the only 1 in the last 10 that he's reffed us so as far as bad omens and awful ref's against us go, he's by far not the worst. However he's going to have to go a long way to redeem himself for the shitshow at NWHL last season.
% wise our win rate under him over 14 games is 42.9% (The 6th best win % for refs we've had in the Prem. Pld 14, W6, D4, L4) and he's dished out 24 cards in these games.

View attachment 165646
bad omen perhaps not, but absolutely an awful referee.

have never forgiven him for allowing schelotto to be knocked unconscious by that thug kolasinac (who was already on a booking) in our first win over arsenal, without awarding even so much as a free kick, or the time he missed a mind-numbingly obvious handball in the 3-1 home defeat to burnley.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
bad omen perhaps not, but absolutely an awful referee.

have never forgiven him for allowing schelotto to be knocked unconscious by that thug kolasinac (who was already on a booking) in our first win over arsenal, without awarding even so much as a free kick, or the time he missed a mind-numbingly obvious handball in the 3-1 home defeat to burnley.
Was that the punch from a freekick?
The one where the Burnley players were actually laughing about it, as they left the field

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
He shouldn't be allowed to referee at any level higher than Sunday League after that "performance" at Tottenham last season. He certainly shouldn't be reffing our games, he's proven he's not capable of being objective.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I don’t think it matters which one you get they are all pretty useless and inconsistent

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here