Our GD " substantially better?
Bmuff -8
Watford + Saints -11
WHU + Newcastle -12
Palace + WBA -15
BHA -16
Swansea -18
Huddrsfld + Stoke -25

I'll give you Huddersfield and Stoke but don't hold yer breath over our GD. With our run-in, it will get progressively worse. ( Beginning of Dec it was -1.....End of January -16.....End of season projected -25 )

Swansea, Huddersfield and Stoke have worst GD while Palace and WBA are only better by one on GD granted Palace have one moe point but WBA points are worst, there are 7 teams in this mini league with another couple of teams that may well join this league before the season is out

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
One positive................................................................

We didn't concede from a corner :)

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Sorry you needed to be there to get the crowd reaction. I was stood right next to the netting that separated us from their fans behind the goal. They were on their own team's back the whole first half, groaning at each mis-placed pass, swearing and eventually booing. In the second the fan reactions - at least around me - swapped over with everyone around me completely frustrated with the tactics, the inability of our midfield to hold the ball or push up and utter disbelief that the completely outclassed March was still on the pitch. The Attack, Attack chant was just a culmination of this. Watching on a stream is NOT the same as being there and you certainly couldn't say that our fans in the ground reacted any differently to how NSC has recently.

Bottom line though is that one or two points could be the difference between relegation and about 14th / 13th this season and last night we dropped two points thanks to sitting back.

Oh I can imagine, I remember the atmosphere at Swansea when their crowd were just like that, and we didn't play that great in the second half then either, absorbed pressure in the second half, could have conceded an equaliser, but didn't, and went away with a hard-fought and well-deserved win that day. Its very small margins.

12th-20th, nine teams, five points separating them, three will get relegated. Yep small margins. I just thing the angst is well over the top.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
It's the third or fourth time we've chanted Attack Attack Attack away from home. Recall someone getting called out on here for saying there was an undercurrent of negativity about Hughton, or something like that and being told he was talking shit. He wasn't, all of our blame the manager excuses are firmly in place and ready to be unleashed as soon as people hit their own personal tipping points.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Oh I can imagine, I remember the atmosphere at Swansea when their crowd were just like that, and we didn't play that great in the second half then either, absorbed pressure in the second half, could have conceded an equaliser, but didn't, and went away with a hard-fought and well-deserved win that day. Its very small margins.

12th-20th, nine teams, five points separating them, three will get relegated. Yep small margins. I just thing the angst is well over the top.

Bringing back memories of Swansea's golden chance to equalise in the 90th minute and their lad cracking it against the bar.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Bit of humour when things aren't going that well doesn't hurt at all.Like the cries of 'SHOOT' every time O'Gravy got the ball!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
If we do go down I would rather go down having a go at teams instead of hanging on in the hope of a 1-0 win or a draw

I think everyone would but Hughton's belief is that our chances of staying up are increased playing his way. So I'd rather stay up this way, than go down having a go. Of course, none of us know if we will stay up this way, but I'll go with it, he's done well for us so far in his time managing the club.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
"Attack, attack, attack, attack, attack..."

HUGELY underused chant IMHO. Rarely, if ever, been heard at the Amex. 20K voices bellowing it out might just at various points in the Amex era - up to and including this season - just about have impressed on the club hierarchy the minimum expectations of the - to use their terms - customer base.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Was this second-half chant from Albion fans, the first bit of dissent towards Hughton's tactics?

The players obviously thought they meant Southampton. I do really believe that because the players have had the defensive mindset so drilled into them they are almost to scared to break out. They just don't have the confidence to attack now as it's been beaten out of them by CH

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
One positive................................................................

We didn't concede from a corner :)

In fact, I thought we actually dealt with corners quite well. Most of them seemed to be headed clear, which would imply that we've started looking at the ball rather than the players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here